1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealousy? I think?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TheQuietTreader, May 26, 2013.

1. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's really late and I don't feel like stating a lot but I just had to come on here. There's my crush that I've talked about in older posts; now I'm just feeling really jealous of him. He learns faster than me, he's better at sports, better at socializing, pretty much better at anything that I can do. It's slowly getting better, but I feel as if the jealousy will never go away. So I've decided that I will beat him in the one thing that I might have more than him in: raw determination. What better way than in cross country this next school year? I just want to know if doing this will make the jealousy go away or grow. Either way, I do plan on getting an athletic running scholarship, so I'm going to beat him regardless. I just want to stop comparing myself to him and just get back to being friends again without things feeling tense or awkward. Thanks for your time.

2. Keegan24

Comparing yourself with other people is a healthy way of giving yourself confidence or determination however it can also lead to developing more serious problems with self-esteem.
    I had a similer problem with a guy (thank god he wasn't my crush or that would've been awkies) and I found myself burnt out after trying to be better than him and when i had my small wins they didn't make the jealousy go away if anything they made me feel more frustrated.
    I have now stopped comparing myself to him and my grades have soared, I accepted he will be stronger and better than me at sports and now I don't worry about the little things.
    My advice to you is to use the "jealousy" to give you drive in your running endeavours but make sure to leave that jealous energy at the track or at training, in other words you split your energy and that way it doesn't effect the other aspects of your life.
    That way you can enjoy spending time with him and still be competitive.

Hope you get that scholarship! :slight_smile:

3. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, sounds like a good plan. He just told me he's anorexic. Even though I do get jealous of him at times I really want to help him now. He is a little underweight since the last time I've seen him shirtless (which was about 2 months ago), but I wouldn't suspect that he was anorexic. He told me that about once a week he doesn't eat anything for a whole day. He doesn't even have a reason why. It doesn't make any sense. He says it's just a thing. I'm really concerned for him. If I'm honest with myself, he's one of my best friends and has always listened to me when I needed to talk to him, no matter how whiny or depressed I was being. I wanna return the favor. I just don't know how. Also, I might post this reply as a new thread because I seriously don't know what to do except to pray for him (yes, I am a gay Christian, please no hate!).

4. Keegan24

Sheesh thats full on, I hope you can help him out... maybe try and establish what is wrong as in is it a body image thing or is he stressed cos some people stop eating when they are stressed.
    Oh and regarding your last sentence "yes Im a gay Atheist and I won't hate you and your choices if you don't hate me and my choices :slight_smile:."

Hope he gets better soon, stay strong for me!
    P.S Does he know you are gay?

5. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. Keegan24

In that case just tell him that what he is doing to himself causes you distress since you truley care about him. Then either tell him how you feel or if that is not an option follow it up with somthing positive or funny.