1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a Long Shot;But it's worth a try,so here goes..:)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Trapped By Fear, May 27, 2013.

1. Trapped By Fear

I know this is a long shot and everything but; are there people on this site who go to or are about to go to Bard's College at Simon's Rock in Great Barrington,Massachusetts....See, I'm not out to my parents yet so I wanted to know if there is an alliance or a counselor all three of us can talk to once I start attending college there...I really can't hide it from them or at least from my mom anymore:frowning2: ; so, I wanted to be on a neutral and an LGBT friendly environment when I do go for the big reveal, just for encouragement and moral support...

I would appreciate advice from any current and future Simon Rocker..:slight_smile:
    Of course, advice from ANYONE would be highly appreciated as well....:slight_smile:
    Thank you...:slight_smile:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can tell you that Simon's Rock is one of the most liberal schools probably on the planet, so you won't have any problem finding support there. One of the reasons they have more support resources for that sort of thing is because they are aimed at people who are several years younger than typical college students.

I would shoot an email to their admissions department and be completely open with your concern. Since they are such a small school, someone in admissions will be able to put you in touch with someone in their counseling or advising team who can be there with you when you tell your mom. And it shouldn't be hard to find other LGBT people there either. :slight_smile: