1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Here for Some Kind Words

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Roxas101, May 27, 2013.

1. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I doubt any of you will know who I am here, but suffice it to say that I am an old poster on these forums from further back than I really care to think about. Was scary looking at my profile and seeing it had gone over that 4 year mark. I mostly just check back in every now and then when I'm feeling particularly down about something and am in need of a few kind words to push me back towards a happy place.

Anyways. In recent times, I have been feeling... For want of a better word, a lack of motivation, to pursue a relationship of any kind. I mean, deep down I want to have someone special. Who doesn't? But I feel almost as though I can't meet, or just haven't met, anyone who has ever really made me feel... well anything.

That scares me. A lot.

I want to find that someone to care about. At least, in my head I do. My heart seems to be on a different page. I feel like I'm at a point where I just don't want to go looking any more, for fear of not finding that something and for fear of leading other people on and breaking their hearts in the process.

At points it actually gets to a point where I don't even know what my sexuality is, anymore. My brain says I like guys. My heart says I don't want anything to do with them.

I just want someone to hug, and I want to feel something. That's not too hard, yeah? :help:

Anyways. I feel better writing this out. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading any comments.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First of all :welcome: back :slight_smile: I like you am in search of that one special relationship with another Man, I guess as the saying goes, "you have to break a few eggs, to make a Omelette" so we may get in & out of relationships until we meet our white knight in shining armour, waiting to whisk us away :slight_smile:

If you need a Hug, I have plenty (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) (&&&)

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Roxas101- Welcome back! (*hug*)(*hug*)

DB-(*hug*)(*hug*)

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey, welcome back. I don't believe we've met.

You know, I'll admit I want that too. Someone to love. The issue's compounded by being so deep in the trans* closet obviously- the men I want aren't into 'girls', the girls quite happy to forgo men. Think I need to find a nice bi or pansexual... :|

But anyway, it won't happen today. And it might not happen in the metaphorical tomorrow. But you'll find that someone. You connect with people, get out there, and Mr. (Or Ms, I have a feeling you're none too picky) Right will eventually come along. So you won't be alone forever mate.

:welcome: Again, welcome back to EC.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Kaleb,

I happen to remember you, actually. We joined up nearly at the same day, now that I'm checking it! Though now I positively feel like an old-timer as well, having it pointed out to me that it was 4 years ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

First of all, I know you're not necessarily talking about the online kind of hug, but still: take a few (*hug*)(*hug*)

Secondly, I think it's a pretty normal feeling to have. It's never a bad time for a good relationship, but it takes time and luck to meet the right guy, and it takes time and effort to make a relationship work. And we all have romantic dreams of things just going by themselves, but finding out that reality is a bit more complex can be disheartening.

However, fear not! For I am pretty sure that the guy to love and be loved by still out there. And eventually you'll run into him. All it takes is an open mind. And maybe not looking for it is a good place to be. Maybe what you're supposed to do now is pursuing some other interest, meet like minded people, and approach them as potential friends first. Worst case, you'll make friends with similar interests, and just have fun doing stuff you like doing. Best case, through sheer number of new people you meet, one will turn out to be more. he best things in life sometimes sneak up to you. Or that's how it tended to work out for me.

So, the question to ask maybe is: what do I want to do in my spare time, and where can I find people with the same interests? Could be a hobby, could be a job on the side. Could be volunteering for something.

In any case, do not despair! Bad luck in the past is not an indicator of what is to happen in the future. And I'm pretty sure it's still in the cards for you!
    (*hug*)

6. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh. Thanks for all the hugs, guys! I genuinely appreciate it. As I said, I come post when I'm feeling down, and always come away from it feeling like... A million times better. You guys (and gals) are actually amazing.

Glad that I'm remembered, Filip. I remember you too, so that can only be a good thing.

Anyway. (*hug*) for all of you.