1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19 and never been on a date

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, May 28, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I feel like such a freak. All of my friends are in relationships and what not and I've never even been on a date. I don't think gay guys want to date in this day in age all they want is hookups. I lost 70 pounds thinking that if I was better looking I would somehow find a boyfriend. Lol boy I was stupid. I don't even ever see myself being in a relationship. I'm a gay introvert who lives in Oklahoma. The odds are against me. Its been kinda bringing me down and isn't helping my depression. I don't know how to get past it.

2. Sully

Don't worry your not on your own!

That is a PHENOMENAL fucking effort! You'll be looking fine! I wish I had the drive to loose some weight :frowning2:

Not all of us are into hookups, personally (I'm 19 too) and I hate the idea! I think it just takes time. I too am only out to 'a few people' and it does make it difficult, it seems to be that inbetween stage where we're not out, but we're not in. Stay strong :slight_smile:

3. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never been on a date either. One of my goals right now is to start seeing a therapist - is that something you've considered? It sounds to me like your problems are pretty serious, and you're stuck, so maybe that would help?

4. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I honestly don't even think It will happen. My friends think I'm some sort freak because I've never had a date. Lol.

5. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that feel bro. I'm 19 and in the same boat.

6. AAASAS

I'm 23 and have never been on a date, though I am in a relationship right now I have never been on a proper date with someone I don't know that well or even know well.

The idea of dating and courtship is a little bit outdated now that people prefer to build relationships before dating.

Don't beat yourself about it, if you are a gay introvert no one will approach you so you have to start approaching people. Try online as going out into the city may not be the easiest way to find someone.

Honestly, don't worry about it. I used to hook up with randoms online because I was so desperate but that is so dangerous and stupid it is better to just be patient. There literally are hundreds of people out there for everyone in everyones local area, though I too sometimes feel like no one could possibly like me.

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 07:33 PM ----------

One of my friends used to rub the fact he has fucked a girl in my face when I was about 17, though there was a couple girls I could've easily hooked up with at the time, or despite the fact I was getting more action with guys in a couple months than he was with girls in a year.

Don't take it personally, some people are just proud that they actually found someone for them and like rubbing it in their faces. One of my buddies used to use the line I don't understand relationships because I've never had a girlfriend, and I thiknk it is because he felt superior to me, which really just made me sick because anyone that has the feeling of superiority really turns me off and makes me to not want anything to do with the person.

So yea, friends will point it out because it makes them feel better, it is not a reflection of you but a reflection of their own insecurities.

The very friend that rubs that in my face also has a problem with being alone and his method of meeting girls is so corny and cheesy that I didn't care I was alone because I could never lower myself to behave that way just to be with someone, and I will never change the way I am to be with someone, and you shouldn't either.

7. photoguy93

Same boat here! It's definitely frustrating....my friends try and understand, but I don't think they really get it. It's definitely tough.

I know people will tell you to not worry and that it's ok...but I know what you're feeling. So, I'll say this - shit happens.

I can't tell you why it isn't working, but just do your best to branch out. I used to think that guys would just come to me - ha! How wrong I was..
    So maybe you could try to put your efforts into joining more liberal clubs or organizations.

I hate to suggest online...but if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. Just be safe!

Again, I know what you're going through. It's tough and I totally get it - but just stay strong!

8. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah dude you are not a freak. I haven't been on a date either and I'm not stressing about it. All will come at its due time. And yeah I hate that a lot of hay guys are just looking for sex. Anyways though you lost 70 pounds!!!! You must look so sexy now!!

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Another problem is that I'm in fucking Oklahoma. Even the most liberal parts of Oklahoma is super anti gay. There's not a gay anything for at least a hundred miles. I wouldn't apraoch anyone I knew was gay anyway. Why would a guy date me when there's so much better out there. Gay people don't exist in Oklahoma. Haha oh well.

10. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I'm 23 and never been in a relationship or had a date with a guy. The majority of the time most gay guys I do come across are only into hook-ups or "fun" as they like to call it. So I decided to just focus on me which building my self self confidence, doing stuff I like and not things i ding like just try and attract a guy, just concentrate on me.

I know it sucks sometimes cuz I do with I had a date or boyfriend but Mr Right just doesn't to want to show just yet.

Apparently it happens when you least expect it.... So they say

11. Juggalo

I'm 27 and I've never had a date. I've never realy felt the need for something steady though. My good friends don't care about that at all, and I just tell other people to go fuck themselves. I've made it pretty clear that I don't need someone to depend on to make me feel secure in myself. As for the hookup thing, no kidding! I've gone out of my way to try making gay friends, and within a week every single one of them has tried to hookup with me, even when I blatantly tell them beforehand I'm not looking for sex.

12. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

U should live in ny and Seattle and Massachusetts lol ,jersey ,L.A