1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life has no direction!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, May 29, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I have no direction in life... Nothing. I work in a supermarket but I don't wanna be there all my life. I just feel as though by the time I work it out... It'll be too late. I don't know what to do.

I just feel stuck in a rut

I can't decide on what I want to be or do tv at its driving me crazy. I wanted to be a script writer but its just hobby, nothing will come of it unless you know someone in the business.

Oh life... YOU SUCK

and on side note... A guy at work passed his driving test two weeks ago and got a brand new car yesterday. I know jealously is an ugly thing but it just gets to me. Obviously got into debt for it or asked mommy and daddy for help

It just ****** me off... God damn show off!!!!

Oooooo!!!!:tantrum:

2. AAASAS

^
    If you compare yourself you will go nuts.

Take it from someone living in a very rich town, with very little money. All my friends have their school, cars and even booze money paid for mostly, or at least school and cars. If I compared myself to them all the time I would be insane by now because of how little I have.

It is not necessary a bad thing for parents to buy and keep up for their kids. If they can afford it it would be negligent almost not to. My parents can't, and I am stuck at a shitty job, but the last thing I want to do is be upset because others have more than I do.

Life unfortunately is not fair, because life isn't a conscious being that is overseeing everyones daily life. You are the only one that can get yourself out of where you are, and at least know it is possible to make things better as cliche as that sounds, because not everyone with wealth or a career had it handed to them, most people worked for it.

So you may just have to work outside your comfort level; like me as I am fine working my dead end job but it annoys the shit out of me all the time, and start thinking about doing something else. Going to school, enrolling in more job training, and just trying to get yourself a piece of the pie everyone else seems to be eating.

Try having an attainable dream, you can still write, but focus on a career you know is in demand and you know you wouldn't mind doing, and you know is realistic. I am sorry but I think too many of us have heard the "follow your dreams" line so much and the "you won't work a day in your life if you love what you do" but too many of us don't even realize that we may perfectly happy doing something more attainable. You can love your work, but it still is work and doesn't need to be perfect, and not everyone can love their job. People should focus more on being happy, and more on being realistic and that way motivation may be easier.

I'd like to be a sound editor, or music producer but the chances of that are so slim, I never even considered it. Instead I'm looking at trades, and in demand jobs in the future as a career, I'd rather be making money and not struggling, then chasing a dream.

You could dream a big dream, or you could live a little dream, I'd rather live it because dreamers always chase but never get it.

#2 AAASAS, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013