1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't tell if he's gay/bi or just flirty!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by JPC, May 31, 2013.

1. JPC

JPC Guest

It's almost 8 a.m. and I have just returned home from a night out so I apologise in advance if some of this doesn't make sense.

A friend of mine was having her going away party tonight before she moved back to France so I spent the entire night with my French friends. Now, I think I'm pretty much falling hard for one of the straight guys in the group. He's supposedly straight but I can't really tell, I think his sexuality is fluid.

The last time I saw him, he grabbed me by the waist, pulled me right up against him and started whispering French into my ear before ordering us shots and spending the night grinding against me as we were dancing. Every other night that the group is arranging to meet up, he is the first one to let me know. Tonight, we started passing around a 'cigarette' :grin: on the rooftop at the party and he was the last one to get it before me, and as it was almost finished when he got it, he decided to share it with me. But, instead of just smoking a little and passing it on to me, he took small puffs of it and then put his lips around mine and blew the smoke into my mouth. Afterwards he invited me back to his apartment along with a few others and poured lots of shots for me and him, but only gave one to the others. He also told me to come and visit him tomorrow/later today because apparently I don't go to his apartment often enough.
    I should point out that this guy is literally the most attracive person I've ever seen in my life, his body and face look like they were sculpted by God himself. Not only that, but he is one of the sweetest, friendliest people I've ever met. I'm really not sure what I should do when I see him tomorrow. We're both moving out of the country soon, so that makes me feel like I should make a move if he starts acting the same way that he was acting tonight. However, he has insisted that I visit him in Paris next year and I've promised that I would, so I'm really worried that he isn't gay/bi at all, but rather a huge flirt and I'll make a total fool of myself if I do anthing about it.

I could really use some advice on this. Does he seem gay/bi? Or just really flirty and is not at all interested?

#1 JPC, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  2. UndercoverGypsy

You know you've been watching too many pirated tv shows when you read "grabbed" as "Graboid" :grin:

It definitely sounds like he's gay/bi in my opinion, and it sounds like he's taken an interest in you (if only there was a winking emoticon)! Congrats!

Not to stereotype, but all this, AND he's going to France? Sounds gay.

3. JPC

JPC Guest

:lol: I decided not to go over to his place today, I'm not feeling too good after last night plus there's a party at my apartment tonight that he said he's coming too. The reason I'm so confused about it is that he made out with a bunch of different girls last night, and even though I did too (if it's not already bad enough that I was making out with girls, I was even douchey enough to ask one of them what her name was afterwards :icon_redf, for which I deservedly got punched in the chest) he seemed way more into them than I was, so that leads me to assume he's straight. Yet the way he acted around me makes me wonder if he's at least bi-curious, but he doesn't know I'm gay so that wouldn't really make sense. I had thought in the past that he was just one of those really tactile people, but he doesn't act this way around the others in the group. I'm just really confused about the whole situation.

4. Rarareva

Rarareva Guest

To me it sounds as if he likes you, but you can never be sure. Like you write yourself, he can just be very flirtatious. Does he know you're gay? If he does, I think he likes you. If not, there is a 50/50 chance he is interested in you. If he does not know that you're gay, have you then considered coming out to him? It is very clear that he thinks possitivt about you when he invites you to his house, wants you to visit him in Paris and is very aware that you know all your friends is meeting to make sure you come.

If I was you, I would make sure first that he know I'm gay. Then hear what he thinks of that. If his response is positive, I would mention that I feel he flirts a lot with me and asks him if he does it for fun or whether he thinks more with it, because it confuses me. I think the only way is to be very direct and ask, otherwise you will continue to think along the same lines. if you don't do something about it, you keep thinking, what if. And it is worse than knowing the truth.

Hope I could help you :icon_wink

5. IanGallagher

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish I had your Dilemma :slight_smile: