1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Yelled at and Triggers

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by person54, Jun 1, 2013.

1. person54

I heard this co-worker say to another co-worker that he thought a different co-worker didn't do enough cleaning and encouraged a different person to call corporate on them for not doing anything when that's not true. So I told my other co-worker so she would know to possibly expect some false allegation and then he found out that I did that.

He called me up, yelling at me, calling me a bitch, wouldn't let me talk telling me I wasn't an adult and he was so fucking angry and I felt scared of him and hung up eventually cuz he wouldn't stop and he started to say here's what's gonna happen and I couldn't take him yelling anymore and if he was gonna threaten me I couldn't stand to hear it. Now I've gotta meet with him and some other people about the incident I've been so fucking triggered cuz of how much I got yelled at and/then beaten as a kid.

I was crying for so long. Now I can just feel the adrenaline in me but it's gone on so long I just feel exhausted. But the adrenaline feeling won't go away. I want it to stop so badly. I'd give anything to make it stop right now. I feel so scared of him and this is making me feel like shit, I don't even wanna be alive.

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa girl, deep breaths. No one is going to hurt you he was just really upset. Just go get a cold drink and let it pass. What do you find calming? Do something calming or maybe just go lay down (thats what I do to help in situations like these).

PS- He never should have done something like that in a place of business, what a jerk.

3. person54

listening to music helps. I sort of just want to take a couple tylenol pm and hope that gets me to sleep but my one co worker wants to come over and be supportive.

---------- Post added 1st Jun 2013 at 10:50 PM ----------

thinking back to being beaten so vividly just fucks me up. it's so terrible. I know I need to ground myself and all that it's just the trigger is the worst it's been in a long long while.

4. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, would having your co worker come over and be there help? If so then you should let him/her come over. Needing a shoulder is nothing to be ashamed of and they sound like they want to help. Also, put on some music then and concentrate on it rather than the other stuff.

5. person54

yeah I'm having her come. She wants to sleap over apparrently. She can tell how shook up I am.

6. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She sounds like a nice person. Its good that she's going to be there for you and help. It's really terrible that you had that happen to you BTW. Especially when you were young.