1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I meet guys if theres no gay scene?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I live in a major OK college town, not.exactly small, but there's no gay clubs or anything around here. How do I meet other gays if I don't know where they're at? I know they exist because the gay guys I knew In high school know tons of them. I don't even really necessarily want to be in a relationship, just friends. Any ideas from the smart peeps of EC?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could attend your local LGBT meeting in your area :slight_smile:

3. photoguy93

Typically, if there's no gay bar or obvious gay gathering spot, there's probably not a LGBT organization....or if there is, it might suck. The college might have something. My school does, but it's pretty small..aka, 5 people I think.

Honestly, I think you just have to live your life and wait for people to present themselves. Obviously, do as much as you can with obvious gay things...is there a cool bookstore? Artsy place? Anything?

4. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Nope, nothing. I don't even know if Oklahoma City has any gay stuff either.

5. hellohowlow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i have the same problems but with girls :slight_smile:

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Its not like I can move. And gay guys don't fall from the sky.

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

The thing to keep in mind when trying to find other LGBTQ people is that you only need to find that one person/organization that is active around your area. After that they should be able to direct you to more resources that there might be around your area.

The first thing to do is to do some simple google search. Here is what came up for OK. It seems Tulsa and OKC are the main places. So if you are close to either you are golden.

There seems to be quite a few, but I would probably start by getting a hold from someone at their LGBTQ Center.

After you get a hold of someone then just ask them for a social club or meeting. There should be something out there for you I'm sure :slight_smile: