1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easily depressed.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Just1Dude, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone,

I just kind of wanted to complain about myself a little bit, haha. I have suffered from depression for a while (as many people do), I have been on certain medicine but I always take myself off of them because it just doesn't feel right to me (just my own self).

One thing that gets me about depression, shoot it may not even be that.. just me having heavy sadness.. is how silly I feel about it. Like.. I don't watch certain movies because I KNOW I will get depressed even if they aren't depressing. I just watched The Hobbit, I waited to watch it because I had a feeling I would get down after watching it. It bugs me, the people I have "talked" to just assume it is myself reading too much into it.

but.. I guess I am just weird, sunny days also make me depressed. I just wanted to vent absentmindedly .. it may not even make sense. There is so much more I want to say on the subject, but I'm not sure how to let it out.

lol, oh well..

2. lostman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are not alone ... I go through long periods of depression and seems to be affected by the movies I watch, the songs I listen to..... sometimes I feel that I feel too much.
    Maybe I should should stop comparing myself... hmm..many times I feel that I am stuck in a cage created by myself ... that I am my biggest obstacles in this life. Not started treatment yet .. so far just been to a psychologist and a psychiatrist...

Thanks for sharing.

3. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the reply! It is always a good feeling to know one is not alone, even though I wish it wasn't on this subject! Sometimes I can go from an extreme low to an extreme high (happiness) in a matter of minutes. Sometimes I will be down and out for days to a week. That is what got me to call someone.

4. KnownSecret

Depression is a hard thing, and I myself have struggled with it! I have had emotional breakdowns where you go from being happy to being horribly angry to just being so sad its hard to bare. I still suffer from depression and on some days it does get to me pretty bad, but I have never really talked to anyone about my depression. I also get depressed on some movies I watch and it depends on what's going on in the movie and I feel it connects to my life and reminds me of the hard times. I hope you can figure out your depression, and thanks for sharing!

~Zack~

5. speedracing22

Have you thought about asking to try a different medication? If you're taking an anti-depressant, usually you can't just start and stop taking it - it can actually make you feel worse.

6. LD579

If you don't want to take a medication that's been prescribed to you, you must tell your doctor or psychiatrist. They'll be able to give you a plan to taper off of the medication so that side effects are minimized as your body adjusts to the change.

On another note, I hope that talking about these things has been helpful for you. I can relate to what you've said... and sunny days give me a headache, but it's nice to experience the sunlight shining into my room through the window, actually =)