1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think im unstable

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Unsurevirgin, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

i know my threads are about my ex, he wants me back, i dont feel for him that way im not sure, i feel unstable bc my parents are a holes and wont let me date. i feel stressed, i have panic at attacks any advice? i apologize if any of u are sick of it tho, i cry when we fight, i im afraid everytime i turn him down he`ll turn to drugs. he said we`re friends bc im sick of u changing ur mind what u want.

#1 Unsurevirgin, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  2. LD579

I don't know how old you are, but if you're a teenager (15-17 or so), unstableness sort of comes with the hormones and puberty. With that said, many people are able manage this instability. If you're able to focus on you, that is a start.

You say that you don't feel for your ex that way, but that you're not sure. It sounds like you're not sure that you want to get back together with him, and so I suggest that you do not get back together with your ex. If you're hesitant already, that isn't a good sign for your potential relationship with him.

Try to focus on yourself for now. Do things that you enjoy. If you're having panic attacks, find something to calm yourself down from them, and if they're a large nuisance, I'd suggest that you go to a doctor and see what your options are for those. For example, my mom now has medication for her panic attacks, but that may not be a suitable option for you. It really depends.

If your parents aren't letting you date, I assume it's because you're relatively young...? Quite a few parents don't let their children date until they're out of high school, or even further. One of my friends is not allowed to date until he's 25... or some other arbitrary number. I believe that he doesn't let that stop him, as unfortunate as it is.

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

im 19...., i hate my mom

#3 Unsurevirgin, Jun 4, 2013
  4. LD579

That's okay. I'm 19 too ; )

What might help you 'get out of the rut' now and in the future would be to get out of your head. Hanging out with friends and reconnecting with others and making new friends, helping others and listening to them and their problems, cooking, window shopping, actually shopping... Those can help, and more.

Unfortunately, you cannot be the one to take care of your ex. If he's not helping your situation, and, in fact, worsening it, he perhaps should not be in your life at the moment. If he does drugs as a result... That's his call, and a poor choice, if I may say.

If you and your ex fight a lot, and if he doesn't make you feel good, you definitely shouldn't get back together with him now. Obviously, he may change in the future, but... for now, you should focus on yourself, I suggest.

Have you talked with your parents about you and dating? At this point, you should be able to make most, if not all, of your own decisions on your own, and it's not fair of them to impose upon you their own 'rules'.

If worse comes to worst, you may want to consider moving out (Assuming you live with your parents), which is admittedly a large responsibility but it's an option. I don't know enough about your situation with your parents, so... I'm hesitant to say anything more definitive.

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

b4 i did when i was young and theyre against dating, i hate them so much, he doesnt do drugs anymore. he makes me feel good but he makes me worried.

#5 Unsurevirgin, Jun 4, 2013
  6. LD579

I just am not sure you're in a position to be in a relationship with this guy right now... Why does he make you worry? Why did you two break up, as well? If the reason still stands, perhaps you two should just remain as friends, for now.

What makes you have panic attacks? Are they from fights with your ex?

7. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

we broke up bc of my close minded mom, and bc i didnt accept him, and he makes me worry bc he turned to drugs when we broke up and his grandma died. he doesnt anymore and panic attacks happen from stressing about my parents.

8. LD579

Why do you not accept him?

As for your parents... I assume you stress about them because they are overbearing or restrictive or nosy or any combination of the three. If you can avoid them somehow, and spend more time away from them... It may help. To be honest, the issues you've highlighted are things I have not much experience with, so I apologize.

9. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

i accept him now, i didnt accept him b4 bc hes trans and my mom was being closed minded

10. LD579

If you don't think you have feelings for him or don't think you want to get back together with him, you shouldn't get back together with him. It's great that he makes you feel good, but that doesn't mean you have to date him. With that said, you have the final choice, and you know your feelings and your situation the best.

I must say, all of this does not give me the impression that you're unstable. It just sounds as though you get stressed from your parents, and are not sure if you want to get back together with your ex.

11. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

thats my problem and he got mad i change my mind often and think hes dangerous

12. LD579

If he cannot respect you or your decisions or uncertainty, you shouldn't get back together with him. If you think he's dangerous, you logically shouldn't get back together with him, either. Those're my two cents, but it's up to you whether you agree with my ideas.

13. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

thank u and he says he gets tired of saying i say i fear if im with him, he is. and he respects my choice. he wont ask me to be his gf anymore bc i change my mind.

14. LD579

Then, really, your only worry is how your parents stress you out. As for how to handle that... Experiment with some ideas and see what helps you.

15. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

thank u may i add u ,u give such good advice like 30 yr old who is wise and ur my age :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2013 at 09:04 PM ----------