1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I feel good about accepting myself?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChristianHipstr, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ChristianHipstr

So far I've accepted that im bisexual, and with that new personal freedom realized im like 70% atracted to men and 30% women. And im fine with that! I'm in love with my friend whos a guy (and more than likely gay), I always imagine us in a relationship and im perfectly fine with that!
    Ive come to terms with myself and ive come out to 3 of my friends and my sister. They have no problem with it and im happy they are.

So with all thia, why dont I feel happy and relieved? Its like every time I think about my sexuality I get a amall gut sensation that just makes me feel sick. I hate it and if im accepting of myself then why do I have this feeling????????:bang:

2. LD579

I like your quote ; )

Maybe you still have some issues with what you think it means to be bisexual? Perhaps you subconsciously, or consciously, associate bisexuality with some things that you feel are negative, personally? Maybe you're scared that other family members or friends won't accept you, and so you feel you cannot accept yourself?

I'm just throwing ideas out there. Alternatively, perhaps it will just take time.

3. jvn95

I used to get horrible gut feelings when I was first out. How long have you been out to yourself?

It's been a year almost for me. If you work on it, the feeling shrinks until you wonder, "why did I ever feel bad about that?"

Be patient, this coming from someone who wants answers straight away :slight_smile:

4. ChristianHipstr

First, oh my god, a fellow avatar korra fan. (Im more of a Mako guy)
    Second, ive accepted that I like both sexes for at least a year. Ive accepted myself as "out" bisexual for a month.