1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb question on "types?" Shaved heads, anyone?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tightrope, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been told there's no such thing as a dumb question.

I've gone out on the town or traveled out of town a few times with a friend of mine. He and I both have a full head of hair. He and I both remarked that, consistently, guys with the shaved head (not a shorter buzz cut, but shaved) bad boy look never come on to us. This means a shaved head like Vin Diesel but not that level of looks, that is, if you like that type. It was just an observation. We both noted that they go for other guys with a similar, but not too similar, look. Also, come to think of it, I've seen many guys with shaved heads in coupled situations. I've rarely seen a guy with a full swoopy head of hair with a guy who has chosen to shave is head.

Is this a "type" or sub-group? I know this is kind of dumb, but what do you make of this or what have you observed?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is that type, the ultra-masculine type, but I was even including the guy who has the shaved head and maybe a tat, but no one would take him for ultra-masculine. Sometimes, they may want this effect, but just the haircut alone won't do it. I've noticed that guys who check me out tend to mostly also have a full head of hair, or one with slight MPB.

4. Sully

When I get a boyfriend, I am going to pin him down, tie him up and give him a buzz cut. I will then run my hands through it for all of eternity.

That is my opinion on buzz cuts.

5. agonizingnose

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HUh.

My mate had had just about every kind of hair: Long, mohawk, shaved, Beatles bowl cut, had colors from black, fire-engine red, to purple...though he does not sometimes have his hair off, I wouldn't say it's because he's 'macho', but just because it's easier to deal with. And it looks good.

Though I have seen that tough-guy, macho skinhead, 'Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' I'm so dominant look, and it doesn't do a lot for me, on a personal level.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Personally I don't understand the whole shaved head thing....it seems like manly bodybuilder types shave their heads most. (And it would make sense that more manly/masculine men would more often be bald, since high testosterone contributes to hair loss.)

Otherwise I guess guys probably shave their heads either because they are neo-Nazi skinheads, or because they notice they are losing their hair and so shave their heads to avoid people noticing and so they can say "I choose to be bald".

In a way I guess people who shave their heads are making their own statements...but nature gave you a canvas on which to paint your own unique hairstyle, shaving bald is like leaving a blank canvas imo.

8. Meropspusillus

It's also so easy. I like my hair so I don't really shave my head much. But nothing feels better than a shaved (buzzed) head during the humid summer.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Really? Doesn't it get itchy and stuff after shaving and when you have the hair growing back in?

10. Gen

Gen

So we are exclusively talking about hairless heads, right? Not what you might see on Latin, African American, Mixed, or Mexican skin tons?

Then, I would agree that it is a bit interesting. I honestly haven't seen a white male with a shaved head in a relationship with another male in general. Though there is a sub-culture for White men and Mexican men with shaved heads, which often isn't very homosexual activity.

Though just having really short hair or buzz cuts are entirely different stories.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. Gen

Gen

Actually, I have seen men around his age with men with hair. Though he is on the older end, so he could plausibly shave his head because he has had hair loss naturally.

I think many of the posters in this thread and I were speaking more towards young men and shaved heads.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That, in bold, is funny. Ok, if being between 35 and 40 is on the older end ( ! ), but he does look kind of craggy. It's weird how his overall look could easily trip gaydar, but he was on "Ellen" once and said that he was married for quite a while, and happily in the beginning. I don't believe they had kids. I'd bet he sported a different look in his earlier days of being famous and married.

But, yeah, a 25 year old can try to wear this look, too. I guess what I was getting at is that, in most cases, these guys don't seem to be attracted to clean-cut guys.