1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish i could get drunk.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Jun 8, 2013.

1. MerBear

I dont why. I'm actually against alcohol and drinking and all that but right now, I am dying for it. I dont want to think of my ex....she....i can't think of her, this happens every night. After a whole day of not thinking of her, I can't sleep and I end up falling asleep thinking of her. We stopped talking on the 14th of may (not much time) but she is still is on my mind and I'm dying to just drink till I can't even think. I am craving alcohol. My mom had alcoholism which is why im against it but im dying for it. I have drank some alcohol but my sister basically made me. She gave me champagne on christmas eve and I got tipsy and Now, i can taste it ....im craving it but i can't drink it because my dad would kill me.

I'm trying to distract myself to not think about her but all i can do is try and fall asleep.
    I know, drinking won't solve anything but im dying to....i dont know why i'm craving it but i just am...

what can i do to fall asleep faster or get her off my mind?

2. LD579

Music is perhaps one thing that may be very, very helpful to you, if you listen to music, which I assume you do. Purposefully choose songs that are not about breakups or love. Instead choose things that are either inspiring or pleasant to listen to. Focus on the beat, or the words, or the notes and tones.

Reading can help, as well. This just may take time to get over, depending on how long you've been in a relationship, how intense your feelings are or were for each other, and how it ended.

I can suggest that you do not act on your impulses to drink, though. If you know how alcohol can be damaging to people, that is even more of a reason to not do so. Settle for other things and drinks. A hot cup of tea, perhaps? A milkshake or frozen treat? Pizza or steak or a nice bowl of soup? Small comforts can help =)

3. MerBear

I listen to instrumental but I still think of her and My books are generally about romance and even if it has a happy ending, it still comes back to her. I can not think of her throughout the day but when I have to sleep but thats when i can't sleep and that's when i think of her

and I can't drink but I swear to god, If i was allowed to drink for one day, i would drink as much as i could.

I dont know why i have a impulse to but its driving me crazy right now.
    I wont do it but its eating me up. Its kind of like something you really want to do but you know you can't

4. Tiny Catastrophe

Don't do that. Drinking because you're upset is the worst thing to do because that can be the thing that starts you down the road to alcoholism especially since you said your mom has it and there is a genetic link. Both my parents have it so I always limited how much I drank when I used to drink but as I got older I decided not to do it because I didn't want to be them. Try reading or writing or playing a game. Anything that can be distracting will help but don't do that. And feeling that you are craving it is not a good sign. You should really stay away from that. Substitute it with other things like Luthan suggested and do activities that are distracting (but not harmful of course).

5. LD579

Listen to instrumental music that won't remind you of her. Would, for example, Mission Impossible's theme remind you of her? I certainly hope not. As for books, you could always go looking for other ones. One thing I like to do at book stores is to lounge around and read about 50-100 pages of a book that interests me.

Perhaps you could try reading mystery novels or silly or humorous ones. Maybe adventure or high fantasy novels?

Working out while listening to music can also tire you out and you may just be too tired at night to think about her for long.

6. MerBear

I know. I shouldn't but i'm dying to, It's weird....I mean, i know I shouldn't do it because i'm upset but its more than that, it feels like....I want to taste it, to just ...end my craving....its like, i'm thirsty and the only the thing that will get rid of it is alcohol....I drink diet dr.pepper but i drink it pretty fast.

I hate this....I can't drink alcohol even though, i want to. im stupid, i know....its dumb.

I'm going to distract myself somehow.
    I'm listening to "believer" by american authors ..but i'm going to change it to a
    "hero will rise" by two steps from hell

7. MerBear

sorry if this comes off as triggering

8. FreeFlow9917

I think of alchohol, my dad pulled a coors on me while i was teaching my half bro how to scuba dive a couple years ago. I usually listen to music to soothe me, usually foo fighters or ffdp, hater music i call it.

9. MerBear

Yeah, I'm trying. i hope to god, i won't turn into my mother because my sister has never had these "alcohol" cravings when she is upset or something.

She drinks occasionally and can control it.
    I rarely ever drink since im against it but since that christmas eve ...i guess, its sparked up my system.

10. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I come from that same background. I choose not to drink. Its not just the hereditary possibility of addiction. For me I see it as self - destructive psychologically- even in small amounts.

11. MerBear

Yeah, I mean.....I am such a hypocrite with this. I am against alcohol but right now, I want to drink till i can't think. It's bad for me but i can see why my mom drank all the time....i dont know