1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good enough to be friends with people?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by oblina, Jun 10, 2013.

1. oblina

So I have been struggling with making friends for the first 3 years of my college experience and I am sick of it. I feel like I'm too shy to make friends, not interesting, too annoying, not pretty enough. Like I don't deserve anyone's friendship.

Has anyone else felt this way? I can't meet anyone, and haven't met anyone in my whole time at college. How did you make friends?

2. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm actually in the exact same situation as you. I just turned senior recently.. and I pretty much have no friends. I have plenty of acquaintances and I know a lot of people on campus..not really friends though who I can always speak to.

Maybe an on campus job? Involved with volunteering? Clubs and events that are related to your interests?

3. Ticklish Fish

For me in college, most people either work and go to college or is a commuter, or have different interests than I do that from the few minutes talking, it's hard to be friends lol.

IDK, I kind of let this "friendship making" issue go in my head and just focusing my energy back to studying lol

(in other words, I ragequit trying to make friends)