1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good enough to be friends with people?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by oblina, Jun 10, 2013.

1. oblina

So I have been struggling with making friends for the first 3 years of my college experience and I am sick of it. I feel like I'm too shy to make friends, not interesting, too annoying, not pretty enough. Like I don't deserve anyone's friendship.

Has anyone else felt this way? I can't meet anyone, and haven't met anyone in my whole time at college. How did you make friends?

2. evora

Aww, please don't think that. Why wouldn't you be good enough?
    I understand how you feel though but now that I've come out to myself, I'm determined to be myself around others and hope that will help.

3. photoguy93

To be completely honest, I'm not really sure I've really met anyone. I mean, yes, I've made some great acquaintances but friends that I'll have forever? I don't know. I just stuck with my friends from high school.

What I've discovered is that since I've been taking classes that are in different departments, I haven't been able to stick to certain people. On top of that, my school is kind of a school where you go to just go to school.

So, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Look at where you're hanging out, what classes you're taking, and maybe what clubs you're part of. I know you probably think you're some freak, but I don't agree, at all. I see how it's very possible to just go through school doing your own thing.

4. oblina

There's not really any clubs at my school, at least not ones I would be interested in joining, and I don't really hang out anywhere. I don't know anyone so I stay home.

And I don't necessarily think I am a freak, I'm just unhappy. The one friend I have lives two hours away, and she is my besty from highschool. And I moved away so I can't really keep those friends.

5. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Shy I can understand, most of us are, but you should never say those other things about yourself. If they don't want to be your friends then THEY don't deserve your friendship. I am in college myself so I know the feeling.