1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice/input on my situation?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by StefaniW, Jun 10, 2013.

1. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I recently posted this somewhere else, but I thought I'd give it a go, here, too.

*For the purpose of this question I will be referring to the person I am mentioning using female pronouns, since that is how they identify*

Alright, so, ever since my fiirst memory, I remember feeling like a girl. It was always something that was there with me. In my mind, I was female and this is how I always acted and conducted myself. Many relatives said they noted my femininity from a verry early age, and said they just figured I would be gay.

However, I am not alone in my family: my sister is a lesbian. She is quite androgynous in her appearance (naturally, so, to the point of sometimes being misgendered in her youth) and I would say I was already quite androgynous as well, pre-HRT. She has always been quite masculine in many other ways, behaviour, etc. I remember being young and thinking how she was like me - at a young age, I understood this. I remember even thinking it was like we got the wrong bodies, somehow, once, when I was around 8!

After I came out to her, she finally admitted that, though she is fine being female-bodied and has made her peace with it, if she could have made the decision, she would have chosen to be born a boy. She said at different times she would bind and even briefly considered transition, apparently.

I'm struggling what to make of this. Is it possible there is a gene that would cause both MtF and FtM transsexualism in siblings? I am also wondering what path would be best for her. She is in a happy and fufilling relationship with her lesbian partner, whom we all love, but I somehow feel she may actually be trans and hiding from her identity.

What should I do? Do I try to talk to her or let it be if she's says it's not what she wants?

Again, I apologize to those who will be convinced she is trans and angry at my use of female pronouns, but I am simply trying to respect how she identifies herself, at this point (female, lesbian).

Thanks!

2. Night Rain

Well, it's not always the case though.

I, too, sometimes wish I were a girl so that I don't have to deal with all the crap known as homophobia and ignorance. It doesn't mean I want to be a girl. There are times when I relate to girls better. Now I wouldn't say she is definitely cis-gendered. There's also more than just male and female. What's important now is that she is comfortable with who she is, as I am comfortable with my gender and that's it. There's no need for you to convince her otherwise. It's something she has to figure it out herself.

3. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Well, she has talked about transitioning ever since I started mine, mostly jokingly. She says she would make a really good looking guy and then said her girlfriend had to transition, too, so they wouldn't be a straight couple XD

But the day I told her about myself, what's really been making me think is how she said "Honestly, I just think you have more guts than I do" when she was talking about how she thought about transitioning briefly when she was my age. That made me feel like...I dunno, like she *wanted* to but was afraid to.

I really don't know what to do, because I feel like I should at least ask a few more questions. Sometimes people don't live a certain life because it makes them happy or fufilled but because they are afraid to live any other way...I dunno...I don't want to seem like I am forcing what *I* am on her, either...

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2013 at 07:12 PM ----------

Also, she currently identifies herself as "Genderfuck".

4. Night Rain

Aw.... She is exactly how I was. At the age of 13 or so, transitioning crossed my mind. I did a bit of research about it. Maybe a little more than a bit. I wanted to lead a "genuine", picture perfect life and have a family. If I fell in love with a guy, then us couple wouldn't be normal to people. One of us would have to change, and I was willing to do that. I didn't mind. I would think I have a mindset of a girl too. I yearned for acceptance, still do. Fast forward to the present, I'm pretty comfy with my sexuality now, so I don't need transition. Sometimes I still feel it would be better if I were a girl to begin with. That may be what your sister is thinking.

I don't feel like I got the wrong body. I don't want to wear woman clothes (Well, it's more difficult with a girl though, because man clothes can be considered unisex).

That's a lot of unnecessary info about me though. :lol: I think it's OK for you to ask her more. I wouldn't mind if I were her.