1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help About a Friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Neveridentified, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Neveridentified

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so hello i'm MJ i will introduce myself again im 17 and gay and not totally out, but fully accepted myself, i already post something in the Empty Closet a few months ago and im back again :slight_smile:. so here is the story...

- so a few days ago i came out to my friend who is a girl (she is the only friend girl) and she didn't expect that i was gay... and here is the problem, she is stereotyping me :icon_sad: and i nowadays i feel uncomfortable when i'm with her. there is this time when she calls me girl names and it feels offensive. i mean, it doesn't mean i'm gay i want to be a girl... so a few days past she's getting worse :icon_sad: like she sings "born this way" everytime then she said that she wants to go shopping with me. and there's this time where she wants me to fix her hair so i said i don't even know how to and then she was like "you're gay you supposed to now these things, if you can't then learn how to lol" and it feels embarrassing. and this is one of the reason why i don't hang out much with girls. can't i be gay without changing how i act or what i want? i personally have no problem with stereotypes, i just want to be myself without changing what i like to do.
    :help:

2. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Just make It clear to her. You are still the same person she knows. I mean if she's going to be friends with you she needs to understand your sexuality dosent define you

We ain't on modern family after all