1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on my best friend!?!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gavis, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Gavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. This is going to be sort of long, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Let me just say I'm a 17 year old boy. I thought I was straight, but I think I'm confused. I guess I could be bi-curious. My best friend is younger than me. I've known him for like 5 years or so, but I recently got very close with him this year in school. We are involved in a lot of the same activities together. We're the type of friends that people call gay lovers because we're such good friends I guess. This doesn't bother me at all. This stuff actually started to make me think about him in certain ways.

Anyway, a few months ago I realized I started to get feelings for him. I wanted to be with him all the time. I enjoyed him company so much. Then I realized how much I liked him. Everything about him is perfect to me. Anyway, he has a girlfriend that I know he loves so much. He'd do anything for her. This is one reason why I've never pursued any feelings. People sometimes ask if he is gay, but then remember he has a girlfriend. Since we're so close, nothing really bothers us.

He has 'accidentally' touched my crotch a few times. It's always been when he hasn't noticed he was swinging his arm up. Sometimes I feel it isn't an accident though. He has also leaned in and pretended to kiss me before. He got so close, but I pretended to not like it and back out, even though I wanted him to kiss me. He also grinded on me at a dance on time, and freaked out he saw it was me. Then I think he tried to do it again though. All of these things may just seem like nothing to some and just like hes joking, but they seem like he is secretly trying to flirt with me sometimes.

I don't know how to approach this. I love him like a brother, and I know he probably loves me like one as well. I just feel like he's trying to flirt with me sometimes, and I feel like he might be secretly gay deep down like I think I am. I just do not know what to do. I don't want to ruin his relationship if he really is straight, or even ruin our friendship, but I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If he's making gay jokes, he's either gay or not gay (helpful, I know.)
    No, but seriously. If he makes them with average frequency, he's probably straight. I've found two types of gay guys in denial: the first, like me, make tons and tons of gay jokes to assert how ridiculous the premise of homosexuality is, the second make no mention of homosexuality at all.
    If he was freaked out, he's probably not gay. Don't worry, my best friend is about as hot as waffle iron and I can still (barely) maintain composure around him. He knows I'm gay and (presumably) knows he's hot to me, but he can still handle it. So it depends on the type of friend, but for now, you might want to try to gauge his attitude towards homosexuality.