1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to depression.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by heartbreaker94, Jun 12, 2013.

1. heartbreaker94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today, i got back home from California. This may be kinda long.

I was on the beach chatting to my new friends who were a mixture of guys and girls. We were really getting along well until the subject of sexuality came up. Someone mentioned Neil Patrick Harris being gay and how surprising it was to them. I said, i think hes really brave for not keeping it a secret and as a gay man myself, ive had my fair share of raised eyebrows.

And one of the guys said Oh my god you're gay! Everybody on the beach heard him and soon enough, i had a huge group of guys around me calling me a faggot and general mocking. I defended myself and a few tried to defend me but that just made it worse. A few even hit me. I did try to get away but just got dragged back, dumped into the sea, dragged back to land.

I got beaten up pretty bad and when i woke up, i found that i was stripped to my undewear with a sign saying fag on my chest. Is California normally that homophobic or were they just trying real hard just for me? I know i was stupid for admitting that im gay.

And thats how i got back into depression and cutting.
    But how do i get out?

Jonas

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Cali CAN BE really homophobic, remember they voted for Prop. 8.
    But what happened to you is just horrible. Like if you know any of the guys that did it I would report them to the cops.

3. Jared

OMG that's horrible, you should've reported that to the cops, it was a hate crime. And Cali can be very very homophobic depending on what part you're in. I grew up in the rural areas and it was really bad, a gay couple got murdered there in the 90s and everyone thinks that it was great. SF and certain parts of LA tend to be much better, though not perfect.