1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have a crush on a new co worker...definately straight

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by onlythebulls13, Jun 12, 2013.

1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So my first day of work was this last Monday.... i worked Monday, yesterday and today and i am pretty lucky because everyone of my coworkers are real nice... There's even a couple good looking guys, none of which i would suspect to be gay based on how they act and them talking about women/girlfriends that they have.

But there's this one guy who has been real real nice to me and very helpful, almost taking me under his wing and showing me the ropes and giving me good advice. so ill call this guy bill. i know he has a gf cause finally today he mentioned her and was talking about her briefly... so my problem is that i am really attracted to him and if he didn't have a gf, i would think he'd be gay. he just has been so nice, he's somewhat shy and is really funny. He reminds me of an Indian version of a guy who i had a massive crush on in high school, like all his mannerisms, super smart...my type of guy and ill be honest that I've never have really had a thing for Indians (India) or middle easterners but this guy is just so great.... i don't know what to do...i dont think i can do anything. and as im writing this, i don't know what my actual question is lol... i guess the question is...do i just need to accept that he's straight or what????

a lil funny side note... there's this other girl there that is totally into me and i have obviously no interest in her and i kinda feel like im leading her on cause i don't want my co workers to think im gay...at least not yet...what's my best bet with her... The more i get to know her the more irritated and bored i get...bill saved me from her and pulled me away from her so i can work with him towards the end of the day today too :grin: lol

2. Convoy

IDK what I can really say but I can kind of relate; there's this guy at my work who's totally pretty darn stereotypically gay, but he's straight (Metro, ugh :lol:slight_smile: and he's hot and he knows it. Darn guy drives me crazy sometimes.

At the same time I heard some other guy might be bi so I added him on FB (I'm pretty out there, it's not hard to tell) and we ended up hooking up not long afterwards. It was pretty cool, but to be honest I still don't really know the guy that well so it was more like a random hook up kind of thing (Different shifts, etc). Lol, he was totally like a gay Indian boy too XD.

Just accept it I guess unless you have some sort of fairly substantial reason to believe otherwise. Stuff happens sometimes, but you'll usually only find out by hanging out and getting more in touch with your coworkers.

Best of times, sometimes people just get along just cause, even if we want to get along much more :lol:.

3. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dude what happened to the other guy?!? Ill tell you what I work with way to many good looking guys and there all straight so I just keep it professional. I'd say that's the best advice, keep it professional. Separate work and play. I made the mistake with mixing work/lover/friend and it turned into one if the most complicated situations of my life.

4. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey what's going on draco! its been a while... yea i think you're right about keeping it professional. i have yet to run into that other guy lol...man if i ran into him again....well that would be awesome.

on the other point i was going to write on here, started finding out that like all my coworkers are extremely homophobic. they're soo nice to me and friendly but man do they bash gays and use gay slurs all the time, its pretty upsetting and i know if i say something about it then they'll instantly judge me and not wanna talk to me or even get to know me...the one guy refused to continue talking to someone because "he sounded like he's probably a fag."

fucking gross that those type of people exist in the world...really baffles me how ppl could be so smart and friendly yet hold such hateful positions

5. Convoy

Sounds like where my parents work. The job pays well but I just couldn't do it; I'm not them and it would kick my @** in the end.

Nice people, until they turn their backs on you. But hey it's just a job, do your best and you'll get ahead in the end; meet more people who are aligned with your views elsewhere, etc.

6. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like guys just being guys. When there all together they really can't be reasoned with. They are scared of what they don't understand but individually they are more likely to be understanding. I don't except everyone to understand the feelings I have so I make sure to keep it professional.