1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipecac problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DrWhoMyLove, Jun 12, 2013.

1. DrWhoMyLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok so I fucking hate my body I'm 5" 4' and weigh 176 pounds even though I seriously dont look like it. Lately I've either been being anorexic or bulimic depending on the week I guess... today I took 3 ipecac tablets and I did not throw up. I'm so mad because I'm just so fat and ugly. I bought the ipecac online and it just has not been working. Why is it not making me throw up?:bang:

2. josh9623

as far as the body image issues and eating disorders, if you are not trying to see a therapist about it i believe you should. For the ipecac, you said that you bought it in tablet form? i have never heard of it being in tablet form to induce vomiting, only a syrup. the tablet forms are used for other purposes. Above all you should try to get help so you can stop this behavior before you cause damage to yourself.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disregarding all body image problems, if you think you are overweight, there are infinitely healthier ways of doing it than by purging or starvation. Have you tried doing some light weight training? Just a little bit of muscle tone goes a long way in not only making you look better, but actually burning more calories.

At the very least, please believe me that anyone would rather see you as you are now than thinner after getting that way by destructive means.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think they sell the syrup in stores anymore, there are health hazards with it. Bulimia will erode your teeth, damage your esophagus, stomach, self esteem.

I'm 5'7" and have been floating around 132-137 lbs but it's because I go days without eating and binge the weight back. Eating has its own layer of hell and the only feeling I can give you is my sympathy.

My therapist tells me things about eating healthy and how it's better than not eating like I've been doing, but I don't listen to her for some reason. I'm assuming that once it gets inevitably worse that more serious action will be taken but regardless I think you should get some help, even if you just tell a family member because I'd be much worse right now without my family to support me.