1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to a big city

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by olin, Jun 15, 2013.

1. olin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Has anyone contemplated moving to a big city after coming out?

I live in a small-ish city. I've been trying to meet gay men, and I'm working on that, volunteering for our pride celebration, going to a social group. But usually that requires quite a bit of driving, as there aren't a lot of groups right where I live, and people here are sorta cliqueish. I used to live in Seattle (although it's been some time), but the trade off would be leaving a relatively secure job and moving away from family. For the moment, I'll probably keep on keeping on, but I think about moving back to Seattle or even another big city a lot. The thing is, there's no guarantee it will be better.

Just curious what people say and think.

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

If you can find a job and earn enough money to afford to live there, I definitely would consider making the move to a big city if I were you.

I'm not sure where exactly you live now in PA, but if you're concerned about wanting to be close to your family, maybe you should consider moving to a city there like Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?