1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap this is a mistake so far...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by XsabercaliberX, Jun 16, 2013.

1. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm on a vacation with my boyfriend, his family, and mine. Were in new York to see my family first. Holy shit it was horrible and it's only the first day. They are so different and opposite that they all hate each other. 7 hours of them bickering. For example they argued about politics like democratic and republican. All you hear is screaming and the neighbors complained (this is an apartment). I don't know how I can take another 6 days of this. They fight over the stupidest things even things on tv. I'm thinking about not going to see them anymore because there all getting on my nerves. Has anyone had any problems with families acting this way and if so do you know how to fix the problem between them?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Families might not necessarily get along. They should avoid topics that cause conflict, and if that's not possible, they simply shouldn't spend time together - simple as that.

I'd say feel free to go see your family by yourself if you think there's a reason to continue to do so, and your bf and his family can go do other things. But if you're not interested in seeing any more of your family, even without the bf and family, then just tell them it didn't go well at all so you'll be doing other things while in town rather than visit them again.

Lex

3. Perhaps try and visit family members separately, to avoid some arguments? Then, you also have the option of picking and choosing who you see. Failing that, try Bunberrying.

4. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never heard of bunberrying can you tell me what it means?

5. It's from Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. In the play, one of the characters has made up a friend in the countryside (the majority of the play is set in London) that has very poor health. Whenever he's presented with an event that he should attend, but would rather not, his "dear friend Bunberrry" becomes deathly ill and he must rush to his bedside to comfort him.

It's the main reason he's been able to avoid dinner at his great-aunt Agatha's for some time now...

Hope that clears it up! Sorry about that...:icon_redf

6. biggayguy

I dated a young (college age) woman that lived with her parents. She was almost constantly bickering with her mother. We had a standing date to play hearts at her folks place on Fridays. It wasn't so bad when we were actually playing cards. The rest of the time was horrible. The dad was hard of hearing. He just turned his hearing aid off when it got bad. When I approached the idea that she might consider leaving the nest she let me know that it was absolutely not going to happen. I gently broke up with her a week or so later.

7. AAASAS

My area is pretty wealthy and sometimes not having money can be looked down upon, which is why I think one of my good friends parents don't play nice with my mom who is a sweetheart. She just brushes it off because I'm good friends with their son.

Maybe see if your parents can brush it off for the sake of your relationship.

8. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today wasn't to bad there was a limited amount of stupid arguments so I guess it's just both our families want the "right person" for us and they are trying to put aside there differences for us. I might be right but I'm not putting my hopes up.