1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starting to feel like I have a lot of problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by josh9623, Jun 16, 2013.

1. josh9623

so, I've been depressed since november of last year, I have a horrible memory, I'm socially introverted, I feel like my communication skills are ever degrading, and I'm starting to realize that I might have some trust issues. I don't know how much is just symptoms of the depression or if they are all separate issues. Also before I came out I had even dabbled in being a fairly good liar. I have a therapist but all she really knows about is the depression. Part of the problem is with my trust and communication issues. I know that my depression has affected my mental clarity but I'm starting to wonder whether or not the other issues are connected to it. I have also been feeling lonely due to me not being able to really talk to anyone, but I have started to realize that I won't have much luck with finding friends or a partner til I get these issues cleared up. I don't really know what I'm trying to ask, maybe I just needed to type it out but any input is appreciated.

2. Ticklish Fish

well, i hope typing out does some effect on you.

as an introvert, I would suggest finding people with common interests and hobbies first. Sure, this will be a risks as you will discover more of their personalities and characters, but it doesn't hurt to learn lessons from socially.

so, what interests you?

also, you said you have horrible memory? do you sleep late or something? there's many possible causes for horrible memory, but it's possible to eliminate some causes

3. Corradino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Josh I've been through depression myself and a lot of behaviours you described are associated with depression. The thing about depression is you must remember it affects your judgement it makes you act in a way which is not yourself and you must remember this is not yourself functioning normally. This causes you to become introverted and it also causes you to distrust yourself and you must fight this. Learn to accept when you aren't feeling hundred percent positive and to recognise when you're in a depressed state of mind. Accept how you feel but do not react upon your feelings this is the key.

You are still young and you are becoming worried about issues that you don't really need to become too deeply involved with your age. I would concentrate on sorting out your depression first before you can think about addressing you sexuality in more detail. You may feel at the moment there is none for you and you feel alone, but these things will change - I've been there myself and recovered. Best of luck