1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant about a night out for my bday

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sunnii, Jun 17, 2013.

1. sunnii

So it was my 21st last Friday and for months my friends and I decided we'd have a night out in glasgow for it. But due to stuff like people working, going on holidays, it being Father's Day yesterday (I arranged it to be on the Sunday during the day since all my friends from work work on Saturdays and this is my week off-I didn't know it was going to be Father's Day till about a week ago) and one of my friends didn't get as much uni money as shed thought so she asked if I could have a wee night in the town where I work and then have another night in glasgow.

Bare in mind my friend that goes to uni, I do understand she just got married and unlike the rest of my friends her and her husband (who was coming too) have their own place and bills to pay and she's a student so we often just go to theirs for a night instead of actually going out.

Anyway we hang out for like an hour and then she just got crabby and went home which killed the mood. 1 of my friends wasn't drinking (which I'm not bothered about) but once my friend (married student) and it was just me and my 2 other friends, the other stopped drinking and the night died a death.

I'm only really pissed at her for leaving considering she made us have a wee cheap night and then took off within an hour which not only killed the mood and ruined the night but I felt like it was a slap in the face to me. She is kind of the boss of our clique but I think because we didn't just go to her house (which we do every time we hang out) she got moody and fucked off.

My friends have promised we will have that other day out in town but I'm not holding my breath. We have talked about a night out in town since I've met them (a year and a half ago and it's never happened)

Side note-I had a very physically and emotionally exhausting couple of weeks at work. Also as much as I like hanging out with my friends, I get so stressed and nervous. I go into my shell when I'm not one to one with any of them I get so self conscious so I do feel like I have to have a couple of drinks to take the edge off but because I had to drive to where we hung out I couldn't have any pre drinks which I usually do

2. SomeNights

not sure if your looking for advice or just a rant....so

eh, it happens. People get moody and such. If it makes you feel better i have to work on my 21st and the day after....so no drinking at all x.x