1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interpret My Dream?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dodonnas, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I generally think dreams have a purpose, especially since I don't usually even recall my dreams and when I do...!

There were two strangers with me, a women and a man, but I felt I knew them in some way. We walked through many many rooms and halls. White walls and ceilings, with red carpet floors. Eventually, we came upon a church sanctum. There were pews to our left and right, wooden and large. We walked down the center path between these pews and saw before us a very large stage. It jutted out, a half circle, and we saw, within but still very high, arms reach sliding doors.

I reached up and pulled the doors back to see a plus sign, with a handle on it. Golden in hue, I felt compelled to pull on it, but it was so high, I could not pull it out all the way. I noticed a button, and pressed it and out the plus sign came. But again, it was so high we could not see it. The two strangers and I ascended the spiral staircases on both sides of the stage. I was the first to peer over and look down upon the golden object I tried to pull from the stage. I saw a great light, small at first, but it grew ever larger, and yet, never did I feel the compulsion to pull away.

I looked to the strangers and told them what I saw, and begged they look to at the great light. They both looked, and the female stranger said "No, I don't see that". I decided to look again and see what she was saying.

I saw a corpse. Missing its legs, it's flesh was partially burned and yet, seemed to also be decomposing like...how can I say? Normal? It just seemed so unusual. Like half of the body had been scorched and the other half...

I turned away in fear. I couldn't fathom how the light I saw was in fact a corpse. The male stranger suggested we retreat through the three doors behind us, on the stage. I reached for the door in the middle and opened it. We saw a set of stairs, only up them, was many more corpses, like the first, blocking the way up.

The female stranger and I were both scared, and she suggested the door on our left to go through instead. I opened it, and I saw no corpse, but the everything painted in blood. I started to scream again, like slow motion my mouth opened, and blood seemed to spray from no where, into my mouth....

Well that's all I recall. I never seem to remember dreams but this one was so vivid...just wanted to see anyone's thoughts on it? I kinda have my own, but wisdom in council right?

2. Stray

Although I personally don't read too much into dreams, I still enjoy analyzing them, so I'll give ya my two cents.

Did you grow up in a religiously conservative are/family? or face pressure to hide your homosexuality or personality; societal, familial, personal, or otherwise? If you did/do, then I think it may be your subconscious exploring the fear that accompanies religious persecution and repression. Although, without knowing more about you individually, I can't say too much more.

3. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I did, but...I just think it's interesting since you're not the first person to say this.

Gays were hated in my family,for more then religious purposes. I just, want to this dream to have context. More importantly, I want this dream not to keep me awake any longer.

4. Split Arrows

It seems to me that your conscious and unconscious mind are not quite in synch. The white hallway and red carpet are significant signs of being consciously certain that your thoughts and feelings are right but you still feel trepidation for pursuing them.

The "plus sign" you mentioned; are you sure it wasn't a crucifix. Because if it was, I would also wonder if you don't yearn to have a more spiritual existence but face too much baggage for what your childhood church had bombarded you with that it seems "out of reach". If this is the case then the meaning behind your dream appears very clear to me; you wish to be back with the church but your subconscious is telling you that your embrace of your feminine side will forever ostracise you from the church.

Lastly, were you raised Roman Catholic by any chance?

5. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

A 'plus sign" is the easiest way I can think to describe what I saw. I am certain it wasn't a crucifix though.

And...no not Roman Catholic. I familiar with the Catholic church, but I'm relatively certain the church I attended fell simply within the purview of "protestant".

The funny part is really, the whole dream I never felt it had any religious overtones. Honestly, I felt so scared the whole time, I just never stopped to think about it.

6. Split Arrows

Whether or not you felt a religious meaning behind it, your imagery is very Christian. Since I missed the mark so much, I'd think that you should figure out what your strongest feelings about religion are and go from there.

7. Seraph

Are you worrying about something?
    It's definitely related to religion like other members said, everything you described sound like a sanctuary place. The bright light in your story probably is your hope, which is why I've asked the question above, and then you saw the corpses & blood, I assume those are your anxiety/despair, something that worries you, and all you're trying to do is to find a way out. The strangers, they could've been your friends or your parents, I might be wrong but if you're not out yet, I think your dream is about you trying to help someone understand about you, or it can be some other personal problems that you have.

Just guessing haha, it's always been fun to analyze dream to me :grin:.

8. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I can certainly see the religious overtones, I just felt scared though the whole time (like I said above!). Has anyone played any Silent Hill games? I kinda had the same feeling as I do when I play those games!

Personally, I thought the dream was my mind trying to tell me I'm carrying some burden that's holding me back, but I'm just not sure what that is exactly. I've never felt limited personally by religion so I just still don't feel that's it.

In the end it's probably nothing, just I still think about it a great deal.