1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanting to experiment...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MathMan, Jun 18, 2013.

1. MathMan

Hey guys, I am needing some help on how to move forward here. I am wanting to pursue being gay instead of being in the closet.
    I live in asheville away from my family and friends in virginia and i am wanting to try to date a guy and get into the gay community before I come out to my family. I'm not real feminine and would be considered "straight-acting", so the rave music with the lady gaga blaring on the dance floor wouldn't appeal... sorry if i am sounding too stereotypical, but does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Flirt with guys? XD I don't think there is any sort of initiation rite except to put yourself out there as gay and available. Maybe wear a rainbow bracelet or other accessory whenever in social situations to let people know your orientation.

3. MathMan

thanks for replying!

4. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First off, good for you on wanting to move forward.

Just because you aren't really into the "scene" doesn't mean you can't or won't meet other guys! Is there a local lgbt center in your city or one within a reasonable distance? You could always try going there and seeing if they have means for you to get involved. There might be local intramural sports you could join, volunteer activities, meetings, etc. that you could partake in. If a local resource center is not to be found try searching the internet for lgbt clubs. In my hometown there was a gay volleyball team among other things one could join. My friend found that out through the internet.

The point is to try and get involved if you can. You may meet other "straight acting" guys along with "feminine" ones...perhaps you'll even meet someone who will catch your eye. At the very least you will hopefully meet some people and make friends who can introduce you to their friends. Knowing more people may lead you to finding someone you'd like to date. :slight_smile:

5. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you at least know if there's a gay area near where you live? Like an LGBT center or bookstore? Look it up online or ask some friends, then you can just place yourself there and sooner or later you'll bump into someone tall dark and packin'.

I don't like the club scene either, but a tight fishnet half-shirt on just the right guy... *drooling*