1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good conversation starters?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TKM, Jun 18, 2013.

1. TKM

TKM

Okay, so there's this girl in my school who I see in the hallways and I think she's really cute I don't really talk to her that often I've only held a conversation with her like twice. She's openly gay too. I think I need to find some friends in real life who are in the LGBTQ community. She followed me on tumblr, which is actually odd because only two people from my school follow me and she doesn't talk or follow them so why would she follow me??? Teenage probs :lol: anyways I really want to talk to her but how? What would I say? Any good conversation starters?

2. My best advice is to be direct. I know it's intimidating as can be, but I'd advise you to just walk up to her and ask if she wants to hang out. For conversation starters, maybe thank her for following you on Tumblr or bring up a hobby you both share (if you know of any).

3. cemma

Maybe interact with her on tumblr first, like posts or reblog off her a wee bit, maybe message her on there and comment on her theme or comment on a reblog of hers. If you're friends on facebook maybe link her something funny or just be like hey, how'd you find my tumblr? Build up a wee bit of a online relationship just so she knows you exist a bit more or knows you as a person than just a face in the hall.

After that smile at her in the hall way once or twice, try and put yourself in the situation where you can interact with her, in line for the canteen together, waiting for a class or at the office, walking down the hall at the same time. Just make small talk about how cold it is or ask her where her bag is from because you love it etc

4. sunnii

Interacting on tumblr is a good idea because once you do that you can talk about it. Is there anything school related you could discuss even if it was just a rant about something maybe you'd want advice on?

5. justjade

I'd just be like, "Hi, how are you doing?" That's the only thing I can think to do. I'm pretty awkward, but to me, that's the least intrusive way to approach someone. I also like to mention something about the weather, which is kind of lame, I know.

6. TKM

TKM

Hahahah thanks for all the advice! I really appreciate it. We'll see how things work out:slight_smile: