1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting other lesbians/bisexuals. Help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LetMeBeThatIAm, Jun 18, 2013.

1. LetMeBeThatIAm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Didn't really know where to post this, so I'll put it here.

I'm looking for a way to meet other lesbian/bi women -- not only in a romantic sense, but also as friends...people like me to talk to, face to face. I've only ever met one lesbian in college, and she was just an acquaintance, and back then I wasn't even questioning. (I feel I missed my chance during my college years.) You see, I'm not "out" to anyone, and I don't intend to be until I have some real experience to determine if my attractions run deeper. So I'd like to start by making friends with others like me.

So. Where does one go to meet L/B women? I'm an introvert, and I honestly don't like the bar scene. But I'd be willing to try it if there's no other option. I'm out of undergrad for college, but I do still have access to the local BGLSA affiliated with the college, which I intend to join in the fall, even though I'm not political. Does anyone else have advice or recommendations? Stories of how they met people that may help? Part of the problem is that I'm a feminine woman, so my "gayness" is sort of invisible. Unless I tell someone, or advertise it, they wouldn't know I'm bi/lesbian. But like I said, I don't think I want to do that until I'm more sure.

Any advice or stories would be welcome! Thanks, y'all!

2. cemma

I'm really no help but I find myself in pretty much an identical situation, it's a pain in the ass. I've considered just going along to lgbt events but there are so few of those in my area that I'd have to travel and of course I am shy to make life more difficult.
    But so yes, I'm in the same field if anyone has advice!