1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Testosterone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FightingShadows, Jun 18, 2013.

1. FightingShadows

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so i hope here's okay.
    Anyway, I haven't started yet (still trying to get in touch with some gender therapists), but I've been thinking about the possibility of taking T when the time comes. I'm pretty much okay with everything that will/may happen when i go on it except one thing. I don't know how common it is but I don't want to take Testosterone if there's a chance my sexuality could change. I've heard of that happening and finding anything about it online is next to impossible so, to all the FTM's, did your sexuality change when you started T? Is it a common thing? I've figured that maybe this happens to those that start T at an early age or are unsure of their sexuality to begin with, but what do you think/know?

2. cemma

I don't have any experience with it however I would make the assumption that it wouldn't work that way, otherwise why haven't they attempted to 'cure' gayness through prescription of such things? I don't personally believe there is anyway to change your sexuality, it is what it is. Or so that's what I and most other lgbt are told when struggling with identity

3. Hexagon

Its a myth. Almost. My sexuality changed, but its not something you should be concerned about. I used to be asexual, and I'm not anymore. But that was different, a result of having no hormones before I started, I believe. I do suspect that T can very occasionally 'awaken' sexual orientations you weren't aware of, as it did in my case, but not 'delete' them, if you see what I mean.