1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dunno what to call this but okay c:

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Elflord, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Elflord

Elflord Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lately like no matter how hard I try it isn't good enough, and if something bad happens I go berserk and get extremely angry, counting to 10 doesn't help at all anymore and I don't know what to do, I don't want to get this angry because its like a really strong feeling in my chest and my heart pounds and I just want to smash everything around me.Today, a teacher told me off unfairly and gave me a virtual iris thing and I got extremely annoyed and i've been angry all day, I dunno like what to do about it ;p :bang:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try letting your rational brain take charge instead of your emotional one. Think, "How does getting angry help anything?" You'll find out it doesn't, and try to chill and do something constructive about your problems.

~an ex-anger junkie (*hug*)

3. Elflord

Elflord Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thankyou, that really helped

4. ioden

Going into the same vein of using your rational brain, try to find out why you're getting so angry. Has there been any event that became the straw that broke the camel's back? Is this anger a response to an accumulation of events? Dedicating time for introspection really helps a lot. Once you've found the source of your anger, you can channel your angry feelings for constructive ends. Like using your anger to assert yourself against your unfair teacher.

I also suggest breathing in and out. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth; it has a good calming effect. If you don't practice, doing sports will also channel your anger into physical activity.

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What if your emotional brain isn't listening? What do you do then? I find my rational brain can't really talk to my emotional brain - it's like my emotional brain can't hear what it's saying.