1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I visit the bully who bullied me? She has cancer

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Unsurevirgin, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Should I visit a bully who bullied me in middle ,and high school who has cancer? Idk if she remembers me tho .

2. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you want to? However you answer this will give you your answer. Simply reply "Yes" or "no". No buts or ifs. That's what I think :wink:

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Yes

4. Ticklish Fish

Personally, this is up to you entirely.

Everyone made different impact to people based on what they do. Whether to visit her or not, to affect her life in a positive or negative way or not, it's up to you.

(though I wouldn't do negative, haha. technically, positive, neutral, or negative.)

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u but I was trying to post this under chit chat

6. cemma

If you want to then yes.
    If you feel like you can make peace with them especially then it's a good idea, she will remember you definately whether she remembers your face though or wants to accept the fact that she remembers you is another thing.
    You'd have to introduce yourself in that case and if she still didn't appear to 'remember' you then just make it known that you forgive her and wish her well.

7. AaronMed

^ This

8. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't. But I'm not a very brave person. I'd be scared I'd end up screaming at the dying lady and looking like a jerk.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would not. Let bygones be bygones, especially if she's in declining health and there's been a long interval of silence.

Maybe I don't understand your motivation. If I didn't like someone earlier on, I really want to forget about them. And if they suddenly reappeared, then I'd wonder what that was about. It sounds like she made a bigger impression on you than you on her. I've had a couple of cases where people I didn't like from my past suddenly were in my life again, but we had continual interaction and we got along better the second time around.

If this person is about to pass away, send condolences to her family instead when that time comes. Hopefully, that will make you feel somewhat better.

10. GayJay

Only you can decide if it's right to visit her or not

Personally i would, just because if i were in the position of i had bullied my peers and was now dying of cancer i would really want closure on the fact that i regret what i did and to know they forgive me

although i didn't bully people to know i would want that done for me would mean i would do it for someone else regardless of the past.
    Of course it only works to an extent but if your willing to forgive her then i don't see why not

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^

The reason I'm saying not to do it is because you don't know if this person has any regrets about having done this. We don't know how this person's personality has developed over time. I wouldn't want you to get to this person's side and get this ho-hum "Oh, thanks," when they may have forgotten all about it or don't feel any remorse over it.

12. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well it's up to you to evaluate your relationship with her and make a sound judgment.

But if I were in your position, I would visit her. It would give her a chance, before she dies, to atone for her sins against you and also make you feel better about people changing, a bit of closure from school years. If she's still a mean bully even on her deathbed, well, then say goodbye to her, she'll be gone soon enough.