1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm not myself...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChristianHipstr, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ChristianHipstr

Lately a lot of things have happened to me. I have accepted the I'm bisexual and have a huge crush on a straight guy...My uncle, my sisters (and their boyfriends) and two of my friends know. I was fine with my friends knowing, and the support was amazing. Although, once I told my sisters... it just started to feel too real, and now I almost feel like I'm regretting it. Even though their perfectly fine with it and one even talked about hot male celebraties lol. I also always imagine myself with a wife and kids, and really want that, but I also accept that I, in majority, like guys... I just feel so disguisted at myself for doing so. I have no prpblem with homosexuality, and never had problems accepting myself untill I started telling my family. And lately my mom and grandma have been giving my other uncle (17, basicallh my brother) sex talks and how she wants us to always use protection, she also makes remarks on us datong anything but a white girl.. I want to say so badly "What aboutba white guy? We aren't allowed to have a boyfriend?) But I just don't want this feeling of regrett and disguist to worsen, especially having my immediate family and peoplw I live with know... Why do I have this damn feeling and how do I get it to go away?

Another issue I've been having is the past few months I've been getting high quite often, and even got drunk the other day... ive drank before, but that was firstime I was drunk (found out I'm a giggly emotional drunk :dry:slight_smile: and even though I dont have problems with addiction, and smoking has helped calm my nerves with all that's been going on, especially my battle with my sexuality, I feel like doing it makes me a bad person even thougg im still tge same kind, sensitive, all A student ive always been... Am I a bad person for that?

2. Chrissouth53

Buyer's remorse, eh?

best way to get around this is to accept the fact that it's done. You can't unring the bell so just move on.

But move on without the alcohol and weed. It doesn't make things any better.

3. chrisV

i agree with the guy above. you can't undo coming out, you just have to accept it. and definately try to not use drugs or alcohol, it will only make things worse, especially if you get addicted.