1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do i get this way?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Jun 22, 2013.

1. MerBear

Whenever someone starts lying or I feel they are lying. My heart starts to pound, my stomach starts to twist and I end up panicking...I can't help. I don't know why I feel that way and why I panic but I have my theory. A lot of people have lied to me in my life but there is one person who lied to me big time and i can't say who it is and what they lied about because i know a lot of you wouldn't understand....but thats my theory.

One time, this girl kimberly was lying again and I couldn't take it.
    I was freaking out. I didn't know what to do. I knew she was lying...it was too obvious and when she started lying, my body shook inside....and I didn't want to hear, I tried to cover my ears and distract myself.....I bit the handle of my book bag and I know that sounds weird but I didn't even know what was going on except that she was lying and I couldn't take it.

I don't mean to say it but I think after what happened (my theory), I've been too scared of being lied to and when someone lies and I know they are, my body reacts vigorously...and I start to panic in a way, I can't control.

It think it was because of that person who lied to me big time because I was never this way before of all of this happened. I wasn't afraid of people lying. I could have cared less and Now I just don't want to hear it.

I dont know why my body reacts this way when i think or know someone is lying.
    They don't have to be lying to me directly for me to react that way, they just have to be telling a lie to someone and my body will react that way

Does anyone else have a theory on why I react this way?

2. justjade

I think you're right. I freak out when I feel that people are lying to me, too. I think that for me, it's because my ex-husband lied to me all the time. He was gaslighting me, too. If you're not sure what gaslighting is, feel free to Google it. I'm too lazy to explain it right now. So now when I feel that someone is doing that to me, I get really defensive and upset. I also hate when people are being passive-aggressive because my whole family is like that. I freak out when I think people are dropping hints at stuff they don't like.

But yeah, I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Past trauma can seriously affect the way we react to things.