1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird stuff going on

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fellow, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Fellow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've got to spill out out something I've never told anyone, and being here, although for not so long, I feel I can be truthful in here so it goes like this: for since I can remember (12-13 yo) all my sexual fantasies involved both women and men in the ages 40+ yo.
    That being said, I would like to know your opinion on whether this is a psychological problem or just a sexual preference.
    (previously I identified myself as gay, but came to realise that both genders really get me going, athough men make it happen a lot more often)
    Thank you

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a mild version of what a psychologist would call "gerontophilia" or attraction to people with typically "old" characteristics. Greying hair, laugh lines, that sort of thing, am I right?

It's just a sexual preference; I can't see how it would turn into a problem unless you meet a predator or something. Personally I think some guys look great with a fair amount of mileage on them. :slight_smile:

3. ASAP Deakey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be a psychological issue, if it's tied to an event in the past or some oddity in your relationship with a parent for example... but I mean failing that, like RSwordsman said, that's not really a problem, just a preference!

4. AKTodd

There are other people here who are younger than you who also have this preference.

I probably do to some degree since have always been attracted to some guys who are older than me, although not exclusively.

Todd

5. Fellow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right now I am living in a brand new city since I had to move out due to college and soon enough I'll be attending an LGBT group and maybe these preferences will change a bit, getting to know people, specially because I know very few people around here and it's not easy for me to interact with new people. Hopefully all this will turn out just fine and I'll meet some interesting folks around my age.
    Thank you for your replies.