1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to meet other LGBT people as friends...by means of sites and apps.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SriManayaDasan, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Okay, I've been in a relationship for about 3 years. 2 1/2 if you count the fact we broke up for about 6 months. We are genrally happy and content, with the occasional argument and issues like most other couples

I also have my circle of friends, whom I love early, but it is always good to expand ones circle.

When my boyfriend and I were separated, I tried certain apps and websites meant for gay men. While most of the apps were only meant for hook-ups, a couple also primarily functioned as networking and socializing. Likewise, one of the websites has a section to specify if you are looking for a relationship or strictly friends.

I will talk to him about it, but I would like your opinions as well. Do you see anything wrong with using some apps and sites to meet other LGBT individuals as friends? Especially if said apps and sites also function as social networking and not strictly for hooking up? One of my friends uses one of the apps and most of the people he has met was strictly for networking (although he has met a couple for...other things.)

2. LD579

I don't see anything wrong with it... inherently. Depending on the sites and apps, it may be a pretense for hooking up. Be careful, no matter what, but this can be a nice way to meet people.

Or, of course, you could maybe look into LGBT+ groups and meet ups, if there are any in your area.