1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexually frustrated!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by andrew23, Jun 23, 2013.

1. andrew23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems like every day that passes by I'm becoming more and more sexually frustrated. I'm 20 years old and still in the closet to all but my family and have never done anything because of it. Almost all of my dreams now involve something sexual. What's worse is that I've been hanging out a lot with one of my best friends who I have a crush on and who is extremely attractive. I'm planning on coming out soon but even then I don't know how long it will take for me to find someone. I don't really know what answers I'm hoping to get here, I just needed to let this out and maybe see if anyone is in the same situation as me. :bang:

2. HomoErectus

HomoErectus Guest

Just come out, nobody cares. They are all worried about their own lives. Don't let your orientation mess up your life more than it should.

3. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As the poster above mentioned, I think you need to come out. The sooner the better. You have the support of your family and I'm sure your friends, at least the ones who matter, will be equally supportive.

Once you come out you may need to reach out a bit in order to meet people and make friends. See if there are any gay clubs or sports teams in your area. Even if you don't meet anyway whom you are attracted to physically they may be able to introduce you to someone who you are. Once you are more out then people will be able to potentially help match you up with friends they know who are gay.

As hard as it may be try no to focus solely on finding someone. Sometimes you are searching so hard for something that you don't find it. However, when you take a step back and breathe sometimes we find what we are looking for.

4. Wardrobe93

similar situation although I havent come out to anyone :frowning2: I have done something with one guy but that was it and on New Years

5. Sardonic

I don't know if this will help, but the whole hanging out with someone you have a crush on will only get worse over time. I started developing feelings for my college roommate, and ignored it until it became so un-ignorable that it pushed me out of my self-denial into a similar place that you're in. I figured I would keep it hidden, and that I could deal with it. Then his girlfriend decided it would be a good idea to have sex with him whilst I was in the room, and I had to come out to them (before I was ready, frankly) in order to find my way out of the situation.

It wasn't exactly pleasant, but it went better than I expected. I mean, I told him and his girlfriend the next morning. "Hey um, about the sex you guys had last night, I just thought you should know... I'm bisexual, and uh... you're the reason why, dude... so um.... either I need to move out or I can never see your lovely lady again."

The guy is much more accepting that I expected, and he was unphased, he still wanted to live with me the next year and all (I told him I couldn't). He's straight, and he trusts me enough to know that I wouldn't try anything stupid (I was just lucky I didn't get the opportunity).

But here's the bottom line. I was in a living hell for a while until I told him. And even though telling him didn't do a whole hell of a lot, it kept my feelings from getting worse and kept the friendship from falling apart.

I offer this anecdote in the hopes that it will help you see that as long as someone is tolerant, they will be able to handle it better than you might imagine.

My advice is to come out, simply because the responses:

A. Will most likely be less severe than you fear.
    B. Will be the first step towards solving that frustration.

6. Envira

Tell them. It's your leap of faith. You've been walking backwards for a while now. you need to run. get your momentum up, and I promise that you'll land safely on the other side. Most people are accepting. Coming out will help you. I've been in your situation. the only way to clarity and outward, is forward and up. You have to come out. it's pretty much that, or wallow in darkness.