1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being stupid?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Wardrobe93, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Wardrobe93

Hi guys,

I am really close to coming out, i think, and I've almost certainly accepted the fact that I'm gay with no relapse or doubt.

Last night I met a guy online (not on EC) who lives not far from me, we exchanged numbers and were texting a bit last night. He was quite forward about meeting and I said i wanted to talk and get to know eachother first. He was the first person ive actually spoke to as i had a free house so could actually speak rather than chat so I guess it made it, real, for the first time. Anyway, he was fine with us talking but he didnt reply to my last text last night, then didnt reply to my text i sent this evening.

I was quite excited to chat with a guy who is also in the closet and local and now i feel shit cus he's not replying.

Am I worrying too much or just being silly?

Help and advice much apppreciated :slight_smile: :help:

Wardrobe93

2. HippieWitchMama

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe is is busy, had to work, phone is dead, phone service dead (more my daughter M uses a prepay phone abd when the card runs out she can get txt but cannot reply), maybe has no service where he is today, lost phone, or has no privacy. May also be processing your conversation and not ready to talk yet. Give it a day or so. But if he doesn't reply, just let go. "He's just no that into you" scenarios happen too. Just be glad you put yourself out there and keep up the good work. Love, Mama

3. LD579

Give it time. If he doesn't respond after a while... Let it go. In that case, he'd either not be ready for things or he'd not be interested in you anymore. You can't help either of that, and there are other guys out there =) And you're not being dumb or silly at all.

4. Wardrobe93

Thanks,

I believe he was into me, like I said, he wanted to meet me and offered me his number, he was the forward one, so i'm not sure of the 'not that into you'

One thing that happened before with someone else was they went into denial, and to me that hurts more so I hope he hasnt done that :S

5. Wardrobe93

:angry: I know I'm being stupid but I think talking to someone local going through a very similar situation to me was leaning me towards coming out and now, still without a reply its almost pushing me towards the closet :frowning2: I might just send one text later on or wait till tommorow

6. Try not to worry about it too much. Worse case scenario, you guys don't end up meeting, which has probably happened to all of us at some point. Don't let it push you deeper into the closet though, that'll only result in more misery. Why don't you try coming out to a few friends? That way you'll feel less lonely if something like this should get you down. In any case, I hope things work out. Good luck.

7. Wardrobe93

cheers shamrock :slight_smile: parents will be first its friends that im most nervous about :confused:

8. Really? I was the polar opposite. I felt so awkward coming out to my parents, but with my friends it was more casual. Though I do have to say, the first friend I came out to I was a nervous wreck, but I think that was more because that was my first time coming out to anyone ever.

9. Night Rain

Are you sure he was not just looking for a hookup? In any case, just wait for his reply. If you send more messages, it can come off as annoying and desperate.

10. Wardrobe93

I'm not looking for a hookup Night rain, but I think you mght be right I better leave it a while

---------- Post added 25th Jun 2013 at 06:13 PM ----------

and Shamrock I guess its because I know my parents will be ok and I dont feel like it'll change much at home, but with my friends it will change things a lot. Therefore its a lot more scary :nervous:

11. Wardrobe93

Turns out he had problem with his phone, were talking again now :slight_smile: