1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 issues with accepting im gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mikey34, Jun 25, 2013.

1. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im gay but having an issue commiting to it. Im masculine and straight acting so thats not an issue. However in my head i have two issues constantly running through my head. First am i going to hell for being gay . Second , im a very sexual person w a high sex drive, because im gay does that mean ill eventually get aids

2. SecretlyASloth

No and No.
    Don't forget the essence of your religion. That's all I'm going to say.
    As for the second reason: nononono...in fact right now in North America the most prevalent transferring of AIDS/HIV happens in hetero couples. You use protection just the same, have sex with only one partner who's also only having sex with you, or BOTH, you will be safe.

---------- Post added 25th Jun 2013 at 08:48 PM ----------

I'm going to assume your Christian?
    If yes, you are not going to hell. It's not your fault for thinking that though...what not with all these people in America delivering hateful messages. Truly being honest, not really a Christian, but I'm not quite an atheist either, and I have a lot of friends who are supportive of homosexuality while still being devout. Someone else on this site can probably explain to you more in depth than I can, but now is the time not to hate yourself, but to accept yourself. It's not an easy process, but we're here to help.

3. mthammer18

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, as far as the AIDS thing goes, as long as you are discrete and cautious concerning your sexual practices and who you are intimate with and you use protection during sexual contact, you should be fine. AIDS is not a gay disease, so what matters is not your being gay, but your making good decisions. I'd look at the section on this site about STDs; it's got everything there.

As far as your worrying about going to hell, I honestly have struggled with this a lot too. I was raised in a Christian home and have gone to a born-again preaching, tongue-talking church. So really, it comes down to what you want to believe. Yes, the bible says homosexuality is wrong in both the OT and the NT, but what are your convictions? Is it worth it to you to be who you are, or to follow God and the Bible? It's a personal decision, really, to choose what to pursue. However, you can absolutely be gay and be a great person who's loving. I'd say follow your heart and do what you know is right. If you're conflicted inwardly (like I've been for a while) I think you should pray about it and talk to people you trust, and if nothing happens, then don't sacrifice and neglect who you are.

Sorry this is so lengthy -_- PM me anytime if you want to talk! :slight_smile:

4. AAASAS

Homosexuality being posed as a sin was a way for Christians to control their pagan counterparts; and therefore convert them.

It is no different than Christmas falling on pagan harvest festivals.

A way to control and convert them.

Now that it is 2000 years later and people are still worried about what some controlling moron(I believe James) wrote in a book 200 years after said events happened really get me going.

A) Do you want to respect a god who makes you homosexual but punishes you for acting on it; I mean talk about a manipulative saddistic prick. Sounds more like the God everyone bows down to is more like a certain fallen angel named Lucifer that grew horns and turned red after he escavated the centre of the Earth.

and

B) Do you want to let an archaic rule ruin your chances of having a happy life.

Option C) What if you are wrong, there is no God or Hell, but you chose to live less of a life out of fear of these never-been-proven entitites. If there is a Hell and I go there, based on my moral stand-point most of the people I love will be there, and Heaven seems to be a place for scrap-booking virgins that own 20 cats who lack human personality so much you could believe they're another species.

As for aids.

If you are promiscuous without protecting yourself you will get an STD eventually, what one I don't know.

Unless you live in Sub-Saharan Africa I would say most likely not AIDS.

#4 AAASAS, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013