1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullying?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DaveUs, Jun 26, 2013.

1. DaveUs

Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not want to return to school-
    The bullying has beaten me to a pulp, the names and the slurs kill me inside till the point of near extinction..Writing is my only outlit, everything I do seems to go without light for the candle is only half lit. I am 13 years of age, but Ive been bullied for these things that make me who I am since the age of 4. Making me regret being born! Anti-gay slurs fill the halls and it makes every walk to the next period a war. The fear of being slammed into the lockers or having a name crammed down my throat haunts my dreams at night. This pain is overwhelming me>.<

2. David2231

David2231 Guest

Who I am used to haunt me too, but you have to realize that you are YOU, and you shouldn't change it because of what people say about you or do to you. Before this year I didn't come to terms with myself. I'd "pray the gay away" when I was 8, while every other 8 year old was sleeping peacefully without the pressure I had to deal with. This year I came out to my best friends, and they love me more than they did before and I'm not as insecure anymore. You need to realize that you're stuck with yourself and you shouldn't CARE at all what people think about you. With age tons of people become more mature, when I was 13 people were saying "gay" all over the halls and bullying, I'm in highschool now and everyone is more accepting and I have so many friends. Although that may not be your situation, you need to realize that school is only temporary, and that you and I will both escape one day.

Be yourself, fuck people in general. If they can't realize you're being you and they have to be so shallow as to bully you for it they don't deserve your attention or worry, just be yourself.

EDIT: I forgot to say, if you're getting beat up for it tell somebody and it'll stop, don't do nothing. Tell your parents, talk to your principal etc. people were being racist towards me and my friend told the principal behind my back, and they aren't saying anything anymore. It's over. :slight_smile:

#2 David2231, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  3. DaveUs

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks <3
    I accept myself, but I'm just so annoyed that I have gone to parents and teachers for help and no one listens. I started skipping school, sitting in bed crying the entire day because even at the start of the day I am not allowed a seat on the bus.

4. David2231

David2231 Guest

Have you told them ALL of what's happening because if you are and nothing's changing then that's a huge problem..... like I said, just be yourself and don't be miserable. If you did tell them everything and they're still doing nothing you need to get their attention, don't just let it go. Fight for your happiness. (&&&)

5. DaveUs

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I've told them everything, one of the counselors didn't know what the LGBT was.. I know it's a huge problem but how can I fix this problem?
    EDIT: Their response was, ''There must be something wrong with you.''

6. David2231

David2231 Guest

There must be something wrong with all of them if they aren't doing anything about it.

7. DaveUs

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know, the whole district is messed up. :frowning2:
    Living with a homophobic family hurts as well, so there is no safe place for me.

8. SecretlyASloth

...I don't know if this is allowed, but I think you need to go to sites like the Trevor Project or visit some resources that can help you out. Right now, the key thing is finding someone who can guide you among these people. It's extremely volatile to be alone in such situations.
    Until then though, keep posting so we can help you out in anyway we can. I only said what I said earlier because we can't reach through the computer screen and smack some sense into those guys.
    Make sure you are prioritizing your physical safety. Definitely keep trying your school administration or even the police. Don't approach it as a "They attacked me because I'm ____". Approach as "They attacked me." Period. If they are real adults they should take care of the situation. Leave your orientation out of it, because honestly it's secondary compared to the fact you're being physically harmed.

9. David2231

David2231 Guest

Agreed and I like your username.

10. DaveUs

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks...Its so painful when nobody listens even though you cry out.

11. SecretlyASloth

PS left you some wall messages.
    If you ever need a hot-line number message me. :slight_smile: No one deserves to go through what you go through, but you have to stay strong and fight the good fight.

12. rjrh20

I am also 13 and I am not going to come out at school because of this. I have only told one person and am bullied for the same thing. Standing up for yourself is good but don't make it violent then things start to get worse. No matter what don't give up. It can only get better. Keep us posted.

13. Crazyguy

First off, I feel your pain and am angered by it. It angers me even more to hear that you've told adults at home and at school and they don't get it. I'm really sorry you are feeling like you do and going through what you are at school. Since talking with the counselor was an exercise in futility is there a teacher you get along with that you could confide in?

I know it doesn't mean much to tell you this when you are going through things right now but it will get better. I'm sure it doesn't seem like it but it will in time. It is good that writing is an outlet for you. Feel free to write about what you are going through and get some support from others. A Google search on "bullying" may provide some helpful resources.

Most of all know that you do not deserve to be treated the way you are. There are adults out here that care, hopefully you can find one that lives close to you. Hang in there.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I, too, am very sorry that this is happening. Are there resources at your school that deal with this? I'm an adult now, but from the news, it seems like bullying is both considered "uncool" and yet at the same time, it's on the news quite a bit. Work on a support system one by one to get the right allies - counselor (no to that), other administrator, teacher, parents, community resources, Trevor Project, and even the police. A few a-holes shouldn't make your school experience what it has been.

15. Ethan132

Let me just tell you. I know, you've probably heard this a million times. But, it gets better. Later on in life bullying is a lot less common and is responded to much more negatively. I recommend moving to a new school if it is such a negative environment. I'm sure that there is a place out there were people will accept you for who you are and you would flourish with the proper care. Or maybe you should hang around people who you think will accept you. I remember early in my life, I got bullied relentlessly (though it had nothing to do with my sexuality). By 1st grade I had moved to another school, the transition wasn't easy but, in time, I made some of the closest friendships I have today and it worked out all for the better. Don't give up hope. There is always hope, and I know you will find a way out of this situation. Tell someone, your parents or a teacher how these bullies are treating you and they are obligated to help in any way they can. There is always a path to victory and don't you forget that. (*hug*)