1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do homosexuals crush on the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ahundredpennies, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ahundredpennies

Hey, just wondering who thinks it's normal for someone who identifies as gay/lesbian to think of a member of the opposite sex hot and have a harmless crush on them. For example, I like girls but I think David Tennant is very handsome but just don't want him in bed.

2. BornInTexas

I wouldn't call that a crush, more like admiration, unless you meant in the romantic sense. Then, it's completely possible.

3. Pain

Pain Guest

I don't crush, but I'm gay and I can appreciate some women's beauty. Penelope Cruz, Keira Knightley, and Natalie Portman are my favorites.

4. ahundredpennies

Yeah, I do admire his hair :icon_wink

5. robotman

I don't think its possible, I mean I look at some women and think they look really pretty and beautiful but as far as having a crush goes, I don't really feel anything at all lol.

6. Reptillian

It's possible as sexual orientation do not always determine who will be interested in who at a sexual level and there are different types of attraction.

Thus,

A) Exceptions happens and they don't count
    B) Emotional attraction =/= Sexual attraction =/= Emotional attraction
    C) Fluidity of orientation due to unexpected circumstances

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gay men have crushed on women and gay men have fallen in love with women, but usually report something missing - that "spark". It's a different sort of attraction.

8. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I think I read somewhere that most people are bisexual, I think it was research carried out by Alfred Kinsey, it showed that most people lie between straight and gay, but at the extreme ends of the spectrum, so although they are for all intents and purposes straight/gay, they can (rarely) be attracted physically/emotionally to the same/opposite sex. So yes, gay guys can crush on chicks and straight guys can crush on other guys. However, the type of crush is usually emotional and almost never physical.

All the best.

9. sexyalex

Never had a crush n a woman in my life. Just great admiration. But it's pretty normal i guess....especially for the bi-sexuals.

10. Ethan132

<_< I strongly disagree, most people are not bi, a large portion of the population has some level of arousal towards both genders. However, that does not make that person bi. A person is bi if they have a significant emotional and physical attraction to both males and females. If that attraction is so small that it has no relevant impact on their sexual and romantic outlook, I do not consider that person bisexual. However there are exceptions where a person could not be romantically attracted to say females and still be considered bisexual due to their sexual attractions. Once you involve sexual v.s. romantic attraction a lot of these labels break down. So in conclusion, there are no "rules" to attraction and it's a lot more complex then at first glance. Sorry for my rant. I just needed to vent on the topic >_<;

11. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't call what I have felt recently for men a crush, it is more of an admiration. I developed this thing for Ben Affleck, but I think it's because he's playing a bad guy in Runner Runner (his new movie.) I also loved him in The Town, but I think it's because he is an amazing actor. The same applies to Dexter (Michael C. Hall.) I mean, I can definitely find some men attractive, but that's as far as it goes. I don't think I'd be willing be date a man ever again because I'd be only wasting his time and mine. Especially, when he can be with someone who can actually develop a sexual/romantic/emotional attraction towards him.

I used to hate myself for my inability to feel an sexual/romantic/emotional attraction, which is crazy. And I still feel that way sometimes, but I'm working on it.

#11 pinklov3ly, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  12. orangeyskies

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm lesbian, but there are about two male celebrities who can make me think bad thoughts. The thing is, they can arouse me, but I still don't want to have sex with them. I still want to have sex with a woman, they just happened to have aroused me in some manner.

13. evora

I could never have the kind of crush on a man as on a woman. What I used to feel was uneasiness and I'd try to make that into something it wasn't. I still do that sometimes. I actively look for men and if they're handsome, I try to persuade myself that they'll do and then pretend to have a crush on them, but I never get that feeling of craziness that I do with women (without even trying).

14. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean, come on, if I see Adam Levine I will be like "ok, you are hot, stop". But I don't wanna sleep with him, just hug him and kiss his face. I guess it's normal, since we do know who is hot or not.

15. srslywtf

I still notice 'yeah she looks good' or 'shes a really nice girl' but then I just have no urge to imagine intimacy or love at all now that I dont feel like I am 'supposed' to.

16. Naomilly92

It is possible. I am proof of that, I am gay, and I have a crush on my best friend, it's probably more than a crush, I think that I love her

17. homoboy22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    u should ask her out on a date. i bet she iis a wonderful girl. trust me ive been on plenty of dates hun!(*hug*)

18. I'm mostly gay but I have crushes on men all the time. I could also have sex with the men I like but it just doesn't feel right and I'd rather be with a woman anyway. I think everyone is just different...