1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I only attracted to straight guys

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by soulodolo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. soulodolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I soo badly want to meet someone but it's so hard. I'm still in the closet and feel like I should be seeing someone before I come out, for 2 reasons. 1 is to be sure that I'm doing the right thing and 2 is so that when I'm facing any criticism ill have someone to turn to. i dont think i can go through with it alone. The only problem is that I find myself attracted only to straight guys. I myself am masculine and that's what I'm attracted to but all the masculine guys I am attracted to are either straight or probably in the closet themselves so even if they like me too i wont know it and they won't even know I'm gay either. it's so frustrating. especially at work. I work with all guys (that are all straight to my knowledge) and sometimes ill be talking to a guy that I think is cute but i know ill never have a chance with them and it just makes me soo sad. I've been trying to battle these negative thoughts but I can't help but think I'm always going to be alone. someone please give me some hope.

Thanks for listening.

2. BudderMC

Well, let me paint you a picture:

- You suspect that you present yourself in a way that nobody would think you're gay
    - You're only attracted to guys who present similarly to you (i.e. not obviously gay)
    - You don't want to tell anyone you're gay

Hate to break it to you, but it's gonna be more than a little difficult to meet guys like that. You've gotta give somewhere, and the easiest place to do that is to give on the idea that you need a boyfriend before coming out.

Let me ask: what makes you think you're going to be subject to criticism when you come out?

3. soulodolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Firstly, thanks for the reply.

I think I will face criticism because my whole family is pretty old fashion and I'm already aware of their shitty opinion on homosexuality. and my friends are constantly making fun of gays, and I feel like they will get weirded out by me if I come out to them. honestly, just in general, anywhere I go people are making gay jokes and I always have to pretend laugh.

I just want at least one person that completely understands me before I try explaining myself to anyone else.