1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This stupid secret is ruining my life!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Wardrobe93, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Wardrobe93

I am gay, I can finally admit it, im nearly there to coming out, but I had a shit night last night and its just depressing me :frowning2:

I went travelling at 18 and since I got back a year ago ive just been working at a supermarket, keep telling myself I'm gunna get something else, something better. But also this stupid secret is driving me mad and just taking priority.

I was hanging around last night with this gay couple and I was sooo jealous and I really fancy one of them.

Not much of a point I guess other than I just feel shitty and I think im gunna have to tell my step dad today or tomorrow :frowning2:

2. Holly

I'm starting to feel like it's eating me up too... Is there any close friends you can tell? I found it easier to tell my friends (mainly because I knew they would be accepting), but also because it got me used to coming out. That would at least be an outlet...

3. Wardrobe93

a lot of people say that but im going to tell my parents first I know my step dad will be fine and it wont change much whereas my mates might be a bit more weird about it

4. Holly

Then tell him. Honestly, it helps. I'm seriously considering telling my parents too. Do what ever you feel is best :slight_smile:

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember when I first came out, I was 17/18. I felt compelled to tell someone, anyone who'd listen to me. I discussed things with my brother and our mutual friend and they encouraged me to come out. I can remember sitting in the kitchen, sweating and nervous as hell. My sisters and I were already having a conversation and I just blurted it out. There was a bit of silence, but I felt so relieved.

I told my Mom while she was driving--probably not the best thing to do :grin: And I came out to my Dad earlier this year. I think you should go for it, especially since it's starting to take a toll on you. That was my deal breaker, if it is causing too much grief keeping it in then come out. You're going to feel so much better, I promise you :slight_smile:

#5 pinklov3ly, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  6. Wardrobe93

thanks guys, I'm nearly there now! me and my step dad go out for a drink every Tuesday, if its quiet and just us, I think ill tell him wish me luck !! :grin:

7. Lyonz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i want to tel my bff , shes the best but im still nervous it might change our friendship , she trusts me with everything , should i trust her with everything

8. Wardrobe93

I think so but if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Ive seen stories on here of people 'teens' coming out to friends they think they can trust, and the whole school knowing the next day, I think you should use the Coming out advice part of this website for help.

My opinion is I think you're the only one that knows who you can trust,

good luck :grin:

9. gavguy

gavguy Guest

It certainly is a big step to take and I only told my Father last year that I was gay at the good old age of 44.
    I never told him before because I always thought that he would be so against it and it took me so much courage to tell him.
    I just wish I had done it sooner, as although you might get an initial reaction and questions this soon passes and you do feel that a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.
    Good luck, and any problems you have the support of us here at EC.