1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reconsidering the whole gay bar/club thing.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by srslywtf, Jul 1, 2013.

1. srslywtf

I'm totally in the closet, but I want to be with guys, even if none of my family/etc know about it.

So initially I was kind of... afraid? I guess. Of the gay club/bar thing. I didn't want to rush into something overly "deep end"-ish. I guess I was still doubting/in denial a little too. The reason I was considering it to start with is I don't know any gay guys. at all. or where else to find them.

Anyhow. I'm really into the club(/rave) scene. Like. I grew up there, met everyone I know there, was a DJ for a while... that is my 'home' really. Yes there are alot of dickheads and shitty clubs, but there are some amazing people/places too.

I was realising today there are a lot of ridiculous stories thrown around about the regular club scene as well. So maybe my opinion of gay clubs/etc is just massively tainted by media perception. In fact it's probably not that different at all.

Anyway, is my thinking basically correct?

Is it an open community? (in general... I get that it will vary from city to city. This is a fairly large city though (1million ish people). Basically, if I go there on my own, will I just be stuck 'on the outside'? I've tried to get involved with certain scenes where this was the case... They always claim to be the most accepting open people on earth, but often it is not the case at all. That's mainly what I'm afraid of I guess... the 'go there and nobody wants to know you if they dont already' feeling.

2. NEWFrontiers22

That depends, are you in shape, conventionally handsome in a Caucasian since, do you dress nice, do you have body hair or not? These are the things that will get you noticed and accepted. But, why do you care, just grab some friends, or go on your own have few drinks and let loose and have fun, and who knows, you might have some "fun".(!)