1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with My Bisexuality

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PinkBluePurple, Jul 2, 2013.

1. PinkBluePurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I have recently come out to myself as bisexual. I've been struggling over my orientaion for years so I was relieved and happy when I found out. Ever since then, I've been battling with this feeling of loneliness. I only have a few close friends, who are all female. Despite this, or maybe because of this, I feel lonley all the time, especially now, during summer break. Anyway, I often find myself crying out of nowhere and I think it is because of this. In my friendships I think I am seeking more, since I'm bi and do want a girlfriend. This is a frustrating struggle I have to deal with but sometimes its just too much. Soemtimes its keeps me up at night just thinking or even crying. I hate feeling this way. I thought being bi was great but it sucks when it makes me like this.

Some notes: I don't really have anyone to talk to about this, and I've also only come out to a few people, though none are really close friends. Also I am PAINFULLY SHY, which means I can't "go out and make some friends" as easily as others haha.

* sorry for any typos, autocorrect is a butt muncher *

Thank you for all your help. You guys know more about me now then most people; be honored :wink: haha just kidding

#1 PinkBluePurple, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    DariaNY likes this.
  2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on finally accepting yourself, I know it's not an easy thing to do. I think you need to give yourself a break, especially since you have only recently accepted who you are. Every day is a hurdle and you may face a few setbacks, but things will be okay. Loneliness is pretty normal for me these days; I needed a break from dating. I wanted to be comfortable being alone before I could be with someone else. I've always jumped from relationship to relationship that I forgot what the hell I was looking for.

I think you should get to know the people that you have come out to a bit more. I think they would be able to help out a lot if you'd just open up to them. You'd be amazed how many people could be going through a similar situation as yourself.

And I am also a bit shy, but I think the more you put yourself out there, the easier it gets. I know it's easier said than done, but I applaud you for joining this forum. I used to be scared to talk about my feelings, especially to complete strangers. But, EC is amazing, so please stick around. There are plenty of people here who are going through the same thing you're experiencing. You are most definitely not alone (*hug*)

#2 pinklov3ly, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    DariaNY likes this.
  3. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I so understand. I came out to myself as bi not that long ago, and while I've known my whole life I had feelings for girls and was frightened by those feelings, I could hardly help feeling relieved when I realized I was actually bi. But at the moment I feel trapped, scared, and lonely. I wish I could just be straight and like boys. But that's not going to happen, and why should it? Why SHOULD I be scared? That doesn't take away the fear, but just knowing that I am normal, that it is okay to like BOTH, is just as okay as any other sexual orientation. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about this. :slight_smile:

4. PinkBluePurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you both for your support! :slight_smile: I really appreciate you taking time to read this and giving methe advice I need. I will try to pm you guys when I can become a big member thing who can send pm. messages haha. I would put a hug emoticon if I knew how :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh and in reply to spockbach:

Hey, thank you for offering your help. I feel the exact same way you did!! I mean, for a long time I thought I was lez because I was checking out girls, but then also confused, because I still liked guys. It gave me so much relief when I found out. I just feel so alone, because I'm too afraid to share this relief with others! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

DariaNY likes this.
  5. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :slight_smile: Totally, totally, T O T A L L Y get it.