1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't stand myself right now

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MathMan, Jul 2, 2013.

1. MathMan

Hey everyone, i dont have anybody to talk to about stuff like this in person, so i'll post on here. i've felt crummy all day today. i don't want to think about my sexuality, i dont want it to be something to consider. i just want to continue just playing video games, hanging with my close friends, and leave sexuality out of the equation. I know i am basically gay, but i dont want to be!! somedays i feel okay about it and others, like today, i just want to pretend again that i am not gay. i feel like i wouldn't want to be with a woman and i feel like any guy i see would think i'm a freak or pussy. i dont know how to start moving forward with accepting myself..some mornings i will wake up and almost have forgotten that i am gay. when this happens i feel kind of neutral, i dont feel like shit nor do i feel real happy either. i think i need to speak with a therapist or counselor or something, but i don't know..anybody been here and know what i am going through??

2. nydtc

Push it way - kept it locked up - don't act on it, focus on other things - I tried them all none of them work. If you really know your gay - as I did, I would suggest therapy. It helps, you might have to try more then one therapist before you click bu it's better tahan wasting years of your life "not " focusing on it.

3. CuriousBunny

Just remember that you're not alone. There are tons of others on these forums that have been in even worse situations than this, and have made it through to live a great life. If your friends are still your friends, I'm sure they'd love to play video games with you.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's a balancing act - if you only focus on your sexuality, even after you've accepted it, you're going to neglect other parts of your life and it'll be easy to focus on the downsides of it. Remember, "gay" is just another trait to describe you... like male, blonde, extrovert, etc would.

It helps to find support, to see you're not alone, and can function. Just visiting the LGBT center the other day and watching an episode of QAF helped. Really, I'd suggest getting used to it, because it's another fact of life you're going to have to live with for years. And yes, it will take work, you will fall, but if the desire is there...

5. MathMan

thanks everyone for the replies, i'm just having a bad day. i may try and find a therapist. thanks again for the support guys