1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by robotman, Jul 4, 2013.

1. robotman

I actually don't think I care about anything anymore and I'm not sure what to do...

I just have no motivation to do anything, I finished college and recently left work to "find myself" but I just don't care anymore. I feel like I have nothing to live for and I am only 19. I don't think I have good enough grades to go uni and I don't even know what I enjoy anymore. I completely dislike my family at the moment and everything they say annoys me to the extreme. I don't feel like I have many friends at all aswell...

I am honestly wondering if its all worth it, like is everything worth the stress, I am trying but I just feel the same every morning I wake up. I don't know any other gay people and I think if I did I wouldn't feel as lost because I would have someone to talk to. I have posted threads like this before but I actually give up. Have any of you felt like this before or even now? I seriously am at the lowest point I have been in my life...

2. Amerigo

i feel the exact same way, same age, similar stage in life, similar sentiments, yes i feel like i'm at a crossroads, i could easily give it all up.

i have yet to overcome this stage, yet to see things through enough to say "it get's better", i can't guarantee it does, perhaps someone else can.

all i can offer is a forum hug (*hug*)

3. lssl

lssl Guest

Also similar situation. I'm feeling pretty demotivated and hopeless. I had to leave school for health reasons and don't know if I will be going back and just don't know what to do with my life in the absense of that.

Have you considered a support group for LGBT people? That might really help. I have yet to find one for myself and think it would really help me.

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second the support group idea. A couple questions for the OP, or anyone else who finds them relevant:

First, how long have you been feeling like this? Did you finish school this May/June? It's actually not that uncommon for a kind of "post-degree" lethargy to set in sometimes. I've gotten it at the end of finishing a part of school before, or even just at the end of a semester.

Second, do you think your grades are too low to go to uni...or are they *actually* too low? The difference here is whether you're talking yourself into pre-emptive rejection or if they've actually told you "no, sorry, we can't take you this year." I'm not saying you need to get up and apply right this second, but if it's only you convincing yourself, then you know where the problem lies, and you just need to break the thought pattern you're having.

Again, try to see if you can find a support group near you, or failing that, a counselor of some sort. It may not be the world's worst problem, but if it's keep you from working or going to school or enjoying life, it deserves to be talked about at the very least.

5. Grrrr331

Try to be more optimistic, maybe this is just a moment of depression in life because of independent life, uni, and stuff like that. Think that 'maybe things will take a turn'.

6. robotman

Thanks for the hug, I really think I need one at the moment lol. How are you coping with it? I just don't know how to keep going, I just feel so alone...

That sounds like a good idea, I don't know where to look for them though and I don't want to be disappointed if I turn up at one and feel uncomfortable...

I finished college in July 2012, then I went straight into work from August 2012 until I just left my job last week... I have been feeling like this since I was at high school from about the age of 14/15 and now I am 19 and I still feel this way... I am just tired of it all, I tried talking to a doctor a couple of months ago and they said "you are young, you will be fine, you have nothing to worry about" so that kind of put me off talking to someone about how I am feeling...

Regarding uni, I actually don't think my grades are good enough but even if they were I wouldn't even know what subject I would do at uni, so their is no point going just for the sake of it...

---------- Post added 4th Jul 2013 at 10:12 PM ----------

I have tried to be optimistic, but I honestly don't have the energy anymore, I just need things to randomly happen for me, I need to meet people and stuff, I can't keep on thinking happily if nothing is changing...

7. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm not a professional and I don't know what information your doctor was working with or where they were coming from...but I have to say, if you've been feeling like you're "tired of it all" for years, since you were fourteen, I'm not sure why the doctor told you to just get over it. :confused: Was this like a primary physician, or a counselor/therapist? Just a thought, but you might give a counselor a try - that's a long time and an unusual period of life to feel so world weary.

Try looking into a local university, just for the heck of it. You might find your grades aren't as bad as you think, or that there are other ways to get in. It certainly wouldn't hurt, at least. And finances may be a factor here, but lots of people go to universities without knowing what they want to major in yet. Sometimes it doesn't even matter what you major in - my brother in law, for example, got a bachelor's in history and political science, but ended up working for a mortgage loan company. Their only requirement? A bachelor's degree in any field.

All of which is to say...keep your chin up, but don't be afraid to ask for help or talk to people about how you feel. Your doctor may just not have realized what was actually up.

8. Help

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm kind of feeling what you are feeling right now but much worse... Since I hate my family and even the presence of them makes me hate them even more since they recently saw my grades and they hated me getting 75-80s but I dropped down from every subject because I had a lot of problems to deal with for the past 2 weeks before my exams. I just lost all hope in trying since when I wake up I just keep wishing why couldn't I just died in my sleep but as of right now I try to ioslate everyone and everything from myself. But look on tje bright side, atleast you manage to live all the way up to 19 :slight_smile: and I'm still 16.. Not sure if I will/can live up to 19 or past that if I this keeps on going on.

9. justjade

I feel ya, dude. I'm pretty sick of everything, too. I was diagnosed with clinical depression, social anxiety, and BPD, though, so I think therapy is pretty well worth checking into. I just don't feel like myself and don't enjoy things. I'm really unmotivated, and I procrastinate like crazy. It's a vicious, self-perpetuating cycle that I know needs to end, but most of the time, I just don't care. Can't really give any advice, but I can say that professional help can be worth it if you get the right therapist or counselor.

10. bman1988

bman1988 Guest

I was there and still am to an extent, I finally saw a therapist and that helped quite a bit. Life is what YOU make it so try to make the best of it and don't let other people's judgements bother you that's their world this is yours. What I would suggest doing is finding something you've always wanted to do and give it a shot give it a 100 percent and ignore that voice in your head. Once you have control over that voice in your head that is constantly judging you can move forward. And if you ever need anything at all remember we are here for you.

11. robotman

Its nice seeing messages from people that feel the same way as me... I mean its not nice that some of you feel like this but it is nice to know that I am not alone...

I honestly hope we find/get some answers/help soon... I just need a sign or someone to come into my life and just make this easier for me, I would be so happy if it did but stuff like that rarely happens to me... I guess I have too hope??? I will look at youth centres in my area as I think that is a really good suggestion, thanks for the help everyone, if you have anything else to say please post more!!