1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety and Stuff

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by twospiritlycan, Jul 4, 2013.

1. I've been thinking lately. I have a new job, and I don't really enjoy it much. Customers are incredibly rude and hateful. I was planning another job search while working with this job. The only reason I'm with this job is because of their transfer policy, meaning they'll have me keep the job at a different store in a new location. I've been wanting to move since I left the military. I don't talk much about being in the military, just because of the people in it. I'm not so much of a social person.
    Moving feels like the right thing to do since I'll be less stressed out. I liked living independently and it's difficult not to feel stressed by family members. They accepted me for who i am, and i appreciate, but for some reason i can't really understand, I just become very annoyed with them.
    I had a few panic attacks and nervous breakdowns over the past six months, and I worry constantly over little things. It gets in the way of everything I try to do. I'm not sure how to deal with it properly. I've also been dealing with issues about my life. I want to attend school again, and make a good life and do all these i would love to do. My transgender questioning always factors into this as well, and honestly i'm clueless about that.
    The main problem is my anxiety issues.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    anxiety sucks...

and steps need to be taken, whether meds, therapy or just offloading on friends. If you are not in therapy .. it sounds like a good starting point. sounds like there's a lot going on between your ears

3. MrBrightside

Im in the same boat mate, anxiety is holding me back alot in life, especially socially. Its more common than we think. I find to try control it i either open the window and get fresh air, sit down for 5 mins or look in the mirror and it usually subsides a bit :slight_smile:

Family just seem to do tht, im living at home for 2 months and we have raging arguments over nothing, they just frustrate me massively, always nagging and trying to tell me what to do. Im independent too most of the time and they still irritate me from 2 hours away!!

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could talk to your doctor. I told mine that my anxiety prevents me from leaving the house and he prescribed me Vistaril. It doesn't make it go away but I don't have as many panic attacks.

5. biggayguy

It sounds like you could benefit from some anti-anxiety med like Paxil. Maybe some counseling too.