1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the shaving of legs...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Olive, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Olive

I shave my legs daily. I have been for months now. I use Shave Secret and water, and shouldn't be having any problems. I don't shave fast, I use the recommended amount of the shaving oil, replace the razor frequently, shave 10 minutes into the shower so the hairs are nice and wet, exfoliate, and moisturize, use a nice 5-bladed razor, and yet I still get bumps. I have absolutely no clue why. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ingrown hairs.

3. Ridiculous

Are you shaving with or against the growing direction?
    Shaving with the hair's growing direction (which is downwards for most parts of the leg) will reduce the chance of irritation and ingrown hairs.

4. I actually use hair conditioner to shave my legs. And a razor that's sharp and doesn't have like 5 blades on it. I try to keep it to three or less blades. I don't shave every day, but when I do, I put lotion on right after my shower.

No bumps! I'm not sure which of those things is the secret or if that only works for me...but you could certainly try it!

5. colorful

I only shave like once a week... I mean I don't let my legs get man-like but anyway... I use eos and then I use venus razars... I probably don't switch the blades enough... I use lotion right after. I never have bumps. I shave against the direction but I agree you shpuld try going with and see if its effective.

6. Olive

Could it possibly be that I'm using a razor designed for men and beards and such?

7. nah, men's razors are fine.

8. roborama

I wouldn't shave every day, every other should help get rid of the problem (and still leave you with smooth legs) and make sure you use a sharp razor

9. RainbowWolfie

What kind of razor are you using?
    Sharper razor blades can sometimes rub the skin and leave behind "razor burns", I wonder if that could also cause bumps.
    Go over your legs with the razor softly, and don't go over the same part of the leg over and over again, as it could cause razor burns and possibly bumps.