1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texting, Facebook & boundaries

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HopeFloats, Jul 9, 2013.

1. HopeFloats

I talked to the woman who was my first love for the first time in a really, really long time last night. We didn't communicate at all for 10 years from 1999-2009. We spoke briefly and superficially once in 2009 and have emailed sporadically since. I came out to her in an email earlier this week and she asked me to call her. I did, last night, and we talked for two hours. I still love her so much. But she is definitely not into labels and doesn't identify as a lesbian. I've been sitting on my hands all day to keep from emailing her again. Finally I just sent her a text. We didn't even talk on the phone much back in the 90s. We hung out in person, wrote letters and exchanged mixed tapes. So all of this available technology is testing my ability not tread on her boundaries. How do "kids these days" deal with it? I guess I'll have to learn the line between appropriate and annoying as I get into dating.

2. diego7142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The other problem is that when you send a text and you don't get a response right away, you're imagine runs wild and read into things. You just know what YOU would do if you get a text from someone that you care about (write back right away), and expect the same. So the question is, is that behavior universal, and so if they take their time, is it totally off to read into things??